Monday, February 4, 2008

Tag! I'm It?

I’ve been tagged by Jackie at Regarding Horses and MiKael at MiKael's Mania to share seven weird or little known facts about myself. The rules of the game are this: Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Post 7 random or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag 7 people and link to them. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

1. I wasn't going to play along with this mainly because I have both short-term and long-term memory problems. I rely on notes to keep me on track, and I rely on family to tell me facts about myself that I cannot remember.

2. My brother recently told me a story about how the horses in the pasture at the ranch where we vacationed each summer as children always ignored him even when he had a carrot in his hand, but came running when they saw me.

3. I once tried to administer vaccinations to my horses by myself, and somehow stabbed my own finger in the process, which went numb for a week. Now I just pay for the ranch call.

4. I once got cussed out by a ranch hand for cantering my rented horse back to the stable and turning it in wet.

5. I once feigned illness to escape a summer camp where I wasn't allowed to ride the horses because I was too young.

6. I am told that when I was in elementary school, I used to gallop around the playground at recess and whinny at the other kids.

7. Before that, I used to wedge myself between the back of the bathroom wall and the chain-link fence throughout recess, so that I wouldn't get hit by one of those big red rubber balls.

Now about that part of tagging others, I'm afraid I'll have to break that rule and take whatever consequences come along with it: Lightning strike? Ground opening up beneath me? Cats with claws out falling from the sky? Trapped in a cab with someone who has really bad breath? I keep a pretty long blog roll on my sidebar that should provide sufficient links to other horse bloggers. I'll just invite all of them to be tagged, if they are interested. Otherwise, keep blogging!

2 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

I managed to stab myself with the needle too once when I was giving immunizations. I didn't get numb, but as much as it hurt, I wish I had. Thanks for playing along.

Short and long term memory problems that's really a drag. My daughter has short term problems but her long term is ok.

photogchic said...

Nice to know there were other kids galloping around the playground:-) Thanks for sharing!