Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

This is the Easter cake my daughter decorated. It has nothing to do with horses, but pretty enough for a picture. Over the years my kids have grown to dislike dying hard-boiled eggs, so I thought we'd do something different this year. My son ate the icing out of the tube and watched while my daughter decorated the cake. Even though my kids are both teenagers, I still buy chocolate eggs and hide them around the house in locations that are high enough that the dogs can't get into them. Every year the kids can't find all of them. My memory is so bad that I can't remember where I hid them, so throughout the rest of the year, we stumble upon these old Easter eggs and jump for joy. Nothing makes your day like finding a chocolate treat when it isn't Easter. The best part about it is that the person who cleans house the most often is also the person most likely to stumble upon those chocolates. In fact, I found a Cadbury Creme Egg from last Easter in an old coffee mug just last week while I was organizing the cupboards. Hee hee.

5 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Happy Easter!

Emma the Golden Girl said...

and her Mom said,
Tell your daughter she did a fantastic job of decorating the cake.
A Cadbury egg hidden in a coffee mug. What a treasure to find.
Happy Easter.

Twinville said...

What a wonderfully colorful Easter Cake! My 5 yr old daughter is standing here and asking me if we can buy that cake! hehe

My daughter is just like your son in that she'd rather eat the frosting instead of the cake.
Funny story to share, too.

We went to a party not too long ago and as I passed the snack table, I noticed a tray of cupcakes.....all missing the frosting. It had been licked and scraped off by someone's teeth.....

A little bit later, I walked up to my daughter, who happened to have smeared frosting and sprinkles all over her mouth and cheeks.
(Man, was that embarrasing) hehe

Hoppy Easter!

Callie said...

Happy Easter! A beautifully decorated Easter cake!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Thanks, everyone. I read your comments to my daughter, so she knows her work is appreciated.

Twinville - Great story. I feel your embarrassment.