Friday, April 25, 2008

And the Tarp Test Concludes


Previous posts in this series:
Tarp Test
Tarp Test Update

I interrupt this series on addressing fear to bring to you the WINNER of the Tarp Test Challenge. In previous posts, I was accepting guesses on how long it would be before my new hay tarp, which was delivered on January 21st of this year, developed a rip. The guesser who comes closest wins quilted potholders made by me with love. This past week we have had terrible winds. In fact, one gust that had to be about 80 MPH ripped through our car as we were getting out in a parking lot. It tore the doors right out of our hands and one door took a chip of paint off the car next to us, so now we get to pay that driver $200 to fix the damage. Whoopee!

Anyway, the nasty wind also managed to rip our tarp. Today is April 25th, so the tarp stayed unmarred for exactly 3 months and 4 days. One person bet 6 months, which comes closest, and she was pessimistic about the life of the tarp due to the winds. Good foresight, Flying Lily! Please email me through my profile and let me know what colors you would like your potholders to be. Congratulations to you, but not to me who now has a tarp with a rip in it.

3 comments:

Flying Lily said...

Woohoo! I am thrilled to win, although sorry about your bad winds. I hate windy weather more than anything, and it is very destructive at times. We have a lot of branches and trees down after our last windy storm.

Twinville said...

So it's not just New Mexico with these horribly gusty winds. I'm glad to hear that, but not for your damage (other person's car and the tarp) and now I'm worrying that some sort of weird stuff is going on with global weather patterns.

New Mexico is not unfamiliar with wind, but this year the wind has been gustier and stronger (often over 60 mph) and it hasn't slowed down since last October 2007!

I can't even begin to explain how much I abhor the wind. It truly unsettles me and takes the joy out of riding.

Sorry about the tarp.....hope your wind gives you a break soon, too.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Lily - Did you want to pick your colors for the prize?

Twinville - I remember one year when high winds blew through every weekend, which was the only time to ride. It drove me crazy. Another year it rained every weekend.