Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Goldilocks and the Three Horse Trailer Hitch Pins

This is the story of Goldilocks and the Three Horse Trailer Hitch Pins. One day Goldilocks went outside to hook up her horse trailer to her truck and discovered that her hitch pin was missing! The hitch pin was silver and she looked all around in the gray rocks at the base of the trailer, but could not find it. She told her husband about the problem, and he said he might have put it in his pocket and forgotten about it. However, Goldilocks did her husband's laundry and did not recall finding a hitch pin in the washing machine nor his pockets.

Her husband fastened a wire to hold the hitch in the meantime. One day her husband happily announced that he found a hitch pin by the side of the road. He pulled it out from his pocket and handed it to Goldilocks, who in turn inserted it into the hole. "This hitch pin is way too big," she said. "It will fall right out."

So, her husband pulled another hitch pin from a seeding trailer and handed it to Goldilocks, who in turn inserted it into the hole. "This hitch pin is way too small," she said. "It takes all my strength to shove it in." Her husband then forced it in and they decided to use the smaller one in place of the thin wire.

Several months passed and Goldilocks walked down the road to the mailbox. Off to the side of the road she spotted another hitch pin, and quickly snatched it up, hoping the third time would be a charm. She ran to her trailer and inserted the pin, which fit perfectly, and they lived happily ever after.

9 comments:

Mrs Mom said...

Good eye there Goldilocks! ;)

Nice to have a wonderful Happy Ending there that did not involve ice cream ;) (Or porridge for that matter...lol)

Callie said...

LOL, Too funny! I don't think I've seen a hitch like that with a pin before.

Rising Rainbow said...

I've lived this story! I hate lost hitch pins. It doesn't stop me from losing them, but I still hate it. lol

Val said...

Isn't is great when you find something that has been missing for a while.

We have a little song in our family that my daughter started just for this....."I found it! I found it!" as we dance all around the house waving our treasure above our heads!

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

Awww-that story was just too cute. You crack me up!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I've been trying to figure out why hitch pins keep showing up on the side of the road. My theory is that so many horse trailers pass by on their way to the fairgrounds, and some of those drivers set their hitch pins down somewhere on the trailer, forgetting to insert and secure them, and then when they come around the tight curve in front of my house, the pin slides off and bounces along the asphalt onto the dirt shoulder.

ranchette said...

That's too funny, Goldilocks!

Twinville said...

Great story, Goldilocks!

I have to shamefully admit that I was starting to think that the story was leaning toward some naughtyness at the end of the third paragraph, though. hehe

Happy to hear that it's a happy ending...with no icky poridge to eat.

You sure do have a wonderful way with words....

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Why Twinville! I'm shocked! Get your mind out of the gutter! Just kidding. Actually, I had to reword it several times to avoid such innuendos, keeping in mind that this is a family site. However, when you are talking about hardware, you have to tell it like it is.