Sunday, May 25, 2008

Santa Barbara Horse Show I

I have returned home from the AHASFV 45th Annual Arabian Horse Show in Santa Barbara, California. I was able to attend Thursday afternoon through Saturday morning of the 4-day event, and came away with over 300 photographs. Pictured above is a warm-up arena at the Earl Warren Showgrounds. All warm-up and show arenas were outdoors, though the main arena's grandstands were covered while the arena itself was open to the elements. Thursday was beautiful with the sun shining, but it misted and rained some of Friday and Saturday. Those brave riders ventured out in their show saddles and expensive costumes despite the weather.

I have to give kudos to the Arabian Horse Association of the San Fernando Valley for the professional manner in which they organized the event. No sooner did the last horse of the last class leave the arena, and the first horse of the next class was let in through a different gate. I witnessed no pauses in the show with the exception of lunch and dinner breaks.

I did not get a chance to interview anyone, because they were all so busy. Many of the same riders and horses showed in multiple classes throughout each day. Several well-known Arabian horse farms and trainers attended the show. I saw Jesse Saldana with his kids, Curtis Training Center, Varian Arabians, Jade Creek Arabians, and many others. Here's a picture of the Jade Creek Arabians' horse trailer...

I did not keep track of which rider and horse placed in each class, nor did I keep track of any names. If I post a picture of you, your horse or someone you know, and you want me to include that information in the caption of the picture, feel free to email the information to me at nuzzlingmuzzles@gmail.com. Include a description of the photo, the title of the post that the picture is in, and what you would like the caption to say. Below is my favorite picture from the trip. Look at the way the horses' tails blend together.

I'm planning on posting many more pictures that tell the story of the event. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Pony Girl said...

That is weird, I thought that photo was a mirror image at first! Sounds like you had a great time. I bet it was amazing. My sister and I are hoping to see her trainer show in a regionals Arabian show later this spring.

Twinville said...

I can't wait to read more about the show and your trip!

I've missed you (and reading your blog, too)!

Abraham Lincoln said...

Nice post. Love the horse pictures.

Rising Rainbow said...

You got some great pictures. I'd have trouble with showing in the sunshine and the rain for that matter. Rain can kill a good cowboy hat in not time.