Thursday, May 29, 2008

Santa Barbara Horse Show IX

Previous posts in this series:
Santa Barbara Horse Show I
Santa Barbara Horse Show II
Santa Barbara Horse Show III
Santa Barbara Horse Show IV
Santa Barbara Horse Show V
Santa Barbara Horse Show VI
Santa Barbara Horse Show VII
Santa Barbara Horse Show VIII

There were some amazing flowers growing at the showgrounds...

Here are some more pictures of the western costumes...



In these two pictures I happened to catch each horse while its rump was rising in the canter, and it looks like the horses are bucking...


More beautiful horse tails...







More of that Appy...

Hindsight...

The line up...

Old Mission of Santa Barbara, Queen of the Missions...


Below is a picture of "The Shark". It is a bus that drives right into the water and becomes a boat. And that concludes your Santa Barbara tour...

5 comments:

onthebit said...

well now I never have to visit because with all of these pictures it was like being there myself :P just teasing you. The pictures were great...although I have no clue what that dressage rider in the double bridle was doing...it looked like sitting in a lawn chair with her position like it was yikes.

Heidi the Hick said...

thanks for the tour!

That Appy makes me shiver with happiness- two of my favourite breeds in one horse! His body shape reminds me of my half Arab half QH. He was a fun horse to have!

I'll always love Arabians!

BarnGoddess said...

stunning horses!
wow-that bay is fanceeeeeee

I do not see that much since I moved to OK and quit showing.

Thanks for sharing!

Rising Rainbow said...

I liked the bay hunter horse. But I had to laugh at the expressions on the faces of the western riders. Talk about intense. I sure hope I don't look that intense.

Echo said...

I agree with rising rainbow - one of the western riders looked like she was going to explode! Someone needed to remind her to breathe I think...
Lovely pictures - the horses are stunning.