Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Santa Barbara Horse Show VII

Previous posts in this series:
Santa Barbara Horse Show I
Santa Barbara Horse Show II
Santa Barbara Horse Show III
Santa Barbara Horse Show IV
Santa Barbara Horse Show V
Santa Barbara Horse Show VI

Some kids' classes had the children ride alone, and the announcer called out the handlers to stand in front of each horse during the line up. Others rode while being led by handlers...








I had to get a couple more pictures of this horse's face. So sweet...


5 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Leadline - 6 years and under I think. Walk, Trot/Jog is the one that has headers in the line-up and that is for 10 & under riders. Those are my favorite classes. Now they even have a walk/trot 10 & under trail class. You wouldn't believe what those little kids are supposed to do. It was soooooooo cute!

Andrea said...

Those have to be the cutest kids ever! That last horse does have such a sweet face!! Kids and horses are so sweet! That first little kido is so tiny up there!! Such good horses.

photogchic said...

I can tell you had a great time by all the pictures! Really beautiful horses.

Katee said...

What's the rule regarding helmets for kids? Are they allowed to wear helmets in the Western classes, for example?

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

katee - That's a question for MiKael over at MiKael's Mania / Rising Rainbow Arabians. I don't know much about showing. I was just a spectator. I know that someone invented a cowboy hat that has a helmet inside it.