Monday, June 16, 2008

My Blogging Space

Pony Girl created a really fun tag in which people post photos of the spaces where they blog. I really like that idea, as it gives us a picture in our mind of where all these comments are coming from. If you are reading this post and want to participate, you are officially tagged. Here are my spaces...

The computer screen on the right is my personal PC, while the ThinkPad on the left belongs to my company. Since I travel between home and office, they set me up with something small, lightweight, and powerful. On my desk you will find from left to right a framed poem written by my son as a gift to me, an Arabian Horse Association letter, the stuffed pony that my son gave to me with a stick of lip balm unintentionally placed in an inappropriate location, a tissue box for all those hay allergies, a notepad with reading glasses, an Amazon.com coffee mug, a magnifying lens for all the small print, my desk calendar which is supposed to keep me organized -- but fails because I don't read it, and underneath are a couple of poetry books and some paperwork. Covering the entire desk is dust. But what is really interesting is how I decorated the wall above my desk...

If you look closely, you'll see a horse tooth. A cap fell out of Gabbrielle's mouth the last time she had her teeth floated. The vet handed it to me to keep as a souvenir.

When I'm not working I don't like to sit at my desk in the chair that I've been sitting in for 10 to 12 hours a day, so I pull up my laptop at my mauve-colored recliner. My husband and kids say it is pink. Whatever...

Behind my recliner are the fabrics I use for my quilting projects, which I blog about in Frazzle Frenzy. My stack of blues have been pulled because I'm working on a Storm at Sea bed quilt at the moment (which means over the past year and probably over the next year as well).

10 comments:

Flying Lily said...

I can't spot the tooth but your desk area seems very appealing. Especially the wall art! And the delightful things from your boy. I have to clean up my desk before I can do this tag but I am looking forward to it & think it's a great concept.

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's a nice area to work in, I especially like the wall art above the desk. I spotted the tooth, but had to click on the picture and enlarge it first. The mauve chair looks comfy cozy.

Mrs Mom said...

Wow- you are WAY organized there!! I am envious.....oh- hehe-- wanna trade a two year old and a three year old who like to help work for a day? (I am KIDDING!!!I promise-- I wont even do that to my DAD! LOL)

Your space looks peaceful and restful. LOVE the recliner/ laptop spot!! It looks really comfy...

Great pics on the wall too! I missed the tooth too.... will have to look harder and see if I can find it!

Pony Girl said...

Wow, I found the tooth! Took me a while! ;) I really need to get wireless, that chair looks like a very inviting place to read blogs!
Thanks for participating....I will have to head over and check out your quilting blog, too.

photogchic said...

I like the space and a quilter like me. Yes the chair is mauve not pink:-)

sue said...

OOOHHH I love that "quilt stash" you have behind your chair!!!! such a nice neat pile to boot!!! my craft chair looks a little like that, and my chair is blue (though it might come off a grey) my hubby thinks its time for a new chair, but when you "have them just right" it's hard to give them up..... What is the "storm at sea" pattern, would love to see it!!!!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

For those who may be wondering, I have an entire wall dedicated to pictures of my kids, and framed pictures of them line almost every other flat surface in our house. I also have dozens of photo albums filled with their photo histories.

The horse pictures above my desk are actually postcards. I just wanted to mention it because someone at work once commented that I had more pictures of my horses on my desk than I do pictures of my kids. That made me feel bad, so I took down all the horse pictures and put them in my desk, and then brought in more pictures of the kids.

Sue - I have a few of the Storm at Sea blocks on the Frazzle Frenzy blog site currently, and I will post pictures of the finished quilt whenever that happens... hopefully before winter since our current bed quilt is falling apart. Basically, it is a design that when pieced together looks like undulating waves.

sue said...

me again.. I jumped over to the other blog, what a neat pattern that is... I had never seen it before.... good luck with it.... I haven't picked up a quilt project since finishing my daughter's "wedding ring quilt"... but it's too hot to quilt now anyways......

Tracey said...

Sheesh, what is it with you people? Am I the only slob to blog? LOL!!!

Twinville said...

Your desk space looks great, but I prefer that cozy looking mauve chair. Aaaaahhhh! I can just picture you with your feet up blogging away in that comfy chair.

I will have to check out your quilting blog, too. I had no idea!
I've always wanted to learn how to quilt, but never find the time.
I do love me a beautiful soft hand-made quilt to snuggle in though.