Friday, June 6, 2008

Where's Mama Going?


Once my daughter graduates from high school (with honors - brag, brag) tonight and we celebrate with sparkling cider, gifts and cake, I plan to pack my bags, get a full night's sleep and head off to the Western States Horse Expo in Sacramento, California come Saturday morning.

I'm dragging my 14-year-old son along with me, as we have made it a tradition to go together each year. He does a good job paying attention to what the clinicians say, and then reminding me later on when we get home so that I can practice it with my horses. As usual, I'll be taking lots of pictures. I'm praying that the Mustang Challenge will not be sold out, as I forgot to buy tickets in advance.

I spent two hours on the phone last night with Expedia.com setting up an itinerary so that I can get my daughter to college come August. My daughter was off with friends at her Grad Night party. She came home just before 1:00 AM, which freaked out the dogs. Their barking woke me up, and I didn't get back to sleep until 4:30 AM. My son still had a day of finals, and his alarm did not go off. I shot out of bed about 3 minutes after his bus left him in the dust and told him he had 5 minutes to get dressed and get his stuff together. I drove him to school in my insomniac hangover. If I don't get a full night's sleep tonight, I'll really be dragging at the Horse Expo, and that involves a lot of walking.

You'll be seeing new posts about the trip next week. Bye for now.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Oh gosh. Enjoy the expo and I hope hope hope you get into the Mustang Challenge. Take pictures of that for posting, please.
I love iris. Now get some sleep.

Jessie said...

I am so jealous of you right now! I wish that I could be there to watch the Mustang Challenge! I hope you get to see it! If you run into Tracey from the Mustang Diaries be sure to wish her and Sandy good luck for me! I can't wait to see photos!

Pony Girl said...

I hope you get some sleep. Have a great trip! I know you'll bring back some amazing pictures and tips from the clinicians. Aren't there going to be some horsey bloggers at the Mustang Challenge with their horses??

Twinville said...

Oh gosh, girl! You just got home from the last whirlwind horse show trip!

You're going to need a vacation from the vacations this time for sure. And I wouldn't be surprised that your horses give you the cold shoulder when you get home this time! haha

I can't wait to see all the photos!!
Especially the Mustang Challenge!!

Have a safe trip and try to get some rest, too!

Flying Lily said...

Congratulations to your daughter! And off to college in the fall - wow, didn't it just fly by? Take a nap today? Can't wait for your pictures of the Expo.

Abraham Lincoln said...

Beautiful horses. Have a safe trip.