Saturday, July 19, 2008

New Blog

Whenever someone takes pictures of me, I have a hard time going through them and looking for something I can post. The last time I posted a photo of myself, I made a comment about wanting to shrink my body down to the size of my teenager daughter's. Twinville responded with this comment:

"...Oh, and try not to put so much pressure on yourself to look like a teeny tiny teenager. Our hips can never shrink back down to pre-childbirth width, but at least we have our womanly curves. (yeh, right. Well, that sounded good in my head before I typed it out.)

I think the best we can do is to exercise and stay healthy, supple and strong. It's not size that matters, it's flexibility and strength. Horses are powerful animals that can carry a lot of weight as long as it isn't bouncing around back there, and is well balanced and centered.

Tell ya what. I'll be your supportive, encouraging blogging exercise partner and we'll make some goals to work towards with better horsemanship in mind. We can do it. We just need some motivation and inspiration. Interested?"

I have had it in the back of my mind to start a blog about my efforts to increase my fitness -- not that I thought anyone would care about what I eat and how much I exercise, but the pressure of having to report in to the general public on my progress might be enough to push me to the next level. Since Twinville is willing to be my blogging exercise partner, I went ahead and started a new blog:
Healthy as a Horse

Just a note: This new blog is not a replacement for Nuzzling Muzzles. It is an additional blog. I will mostly likely spend the majority of my time here at Nuzzling Muzzles.

5 comments:

Sundancer said...

I haven't exactly started a diet, but I've read "Skinny Bitch" and I've cut out ALL meat, cheese, and milk from what I eat. Now it's fruit for breakfast and a smoothie. My jeans are already loose! YEAH! Email me!

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Great idea, that was my thought too, that if I published it to the public that I am trying to lose weight then I would be better off and will have motivation behind me. I have yet to announce that I am wanting to start a good diet, but I have mentioned that I am "Out Of Shape"... lmao!

good luck and just maybe this post of yours will help me with my motivation.

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

Good for you NM. Nothing bad can ever come out of a good effort!!

Flying Lily said...

Very brave!! And I hope it works well for you - I will be visiting both blogs but I will NOT be posting any photos of my hips and rear end until Hell freezes over...or I miraculously lose 15-20.

Twinville said...

Heck yes! I am honred to be your blogging exercise partner! :)

You'd be so proud of me, too, 'cause I went hiking yesterday for several hours, including much bouldering.

Unfortunately, I came home and ate two brownies :(

Yep. I think I could use some accountability and encouragement.
I'll mosey on over later tonight and check out your other blog.

Thanks!