Thursday, July 17, 2008

Riding a Legless Horse

What's this? 3-year-old Gabbrielle is lying down taking a nap. Hmmmmm...

I wonder if she'll let me sit on her.

Yup. She let me sit on her and play with her ears and hug her around the neck. She even let me spray her with fly spray while she laid there. Of course, I didn't risk putting my leg all the way over in case I needed to bail out.

My daughter got interested and actually came out to watch. She was amazed that Gabbrielle is so gentle and unafraid. Our other horses wouldn't let us do this.

Grow, Gabbrielle, grow! I want to ride you soon. In the meantime, I'll be working on shrinking myself on the treadmill. Someday I'll look like my daughter, only twenty-something years older. (Yeah, right!)

3 comments:

Molly said...

That is very cool that Gabbrielle is secure enough to let you get aboard. Great pictures.

Twinville said...

Wow! Look at that gorgeous horse statue. Go on admit it! You created a statue from clay and placed it there to show off on.
hehehehe :)

I have to tell you that I am seriously impressed. She is so trusting with you guys. That's awesome!

Oh, and try not to put so much pressure on yourself to look like a teeny tiny teenager. Our hips can never shrink back down to pre-childbirth width, but at least we have our womanly curves.
(yeh, right.
Well, that sounded good in my head before I typed it out.)

I think the best we can do is to exercise and stay healthy, supple and strong. It's not size that matters, it's flexibility and strength. Horses are powerful animals that can carry alot of weight as long as it isn't bouncing around back there, and is well balanced and centered.

Tell ya what. I'll be your supportive, encouraging blogging exercise partner and we'll make some goals to work towards with better horsemanship in mind. We can do it. We just need some motivation and inspiration. Interested?

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Twinville - Yes, I am interested. I actually have been thinking about keeping a weight loss blog. I'll work on setting that up and send you the URL when I'm done.