Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Six Things Tag

Nor'dzin at ceffylau tagged me to tell six things people may not know about me.

1. I have horses! (Just kidding. I'll start over.)

1. I am a guinea pig fanatic. I speak guinea pig, and my family is totally sick of all the thweep, coo, and wheep noises I make. When I see Capyburras at a zoo, I try to throw myself over the railing so I can hug them, because they look like gigantic guinea pigs. Why do I not have my own guinea pig? Because I'm allergic.

2. My favorite TV show is "The Mole". I thought Craig was the Mole from the start of Season Five, but now I'm thinking it might be Mark.

3. I used to be a song writer for an all-male rock band and then an all-female folk band.

4. I can't stand laziness. I don't trust people who don't have a work ethic. Life is too short to be wasting it.

5. I know #4, because I nearly died when I was 30-years-old from post-operative complications.

6. I don't waste 20 minutes of each morning shaving my legs anymore. Now I use one of those spinning tweezer mechanisms that rip the hairs out at the root and cause immense pain and red bumps all over my legs. I do it, because it gives me smooth, hairless legs for 6 to 8 weeks and cuts my shower time each morning down to 10 to 12 minutes. That's one way to save on water if you are one of those who keeps the shower running the entire time you are shaving your legs with a razor.

In turn, I tag...
(Place your name here.)

Uh, you read mine. It's only fair.

5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Interesting facts and ouch on the tweezer thing for the legs.

Andrea said...

Wow that leg shaving thing sounds very painful!! That is kinda scary! And how cool is it that you were a song writer!!

Callie said...

Wow, Guinea pigs? LOL. but they're so cute! I've been The Mole too. fine it interesting!

Twinville said...

I don't remember you writing about a tumor and near-death experience. I hope you'll explain a little more about what happened when you were 30. The link you included was kind of confusing with all that medical jargon.

Oh! And I love Capyburras, too! So cute! They do look like guinea pigs, don't they? As you know I have 4 guinea pigs. I need to remember to more often about them. I bet they'd love it if you came over and 'spoke' to them. Wheek, Wheek!

Song writer, eh? I want to know more about that, too! Cool!

I wish I'd have used one of those tweezer mechanisms before I got this bad allergic reaction to this poison ivy. I've had it for a week and I'm suffering! But to add insult to injury, my hair is growing out and is stubbly and itchy. My legs are a mess right now! Agh! :O

Nor’dzin said...

Hey I love guinea pigs too! We used to let them roam free in our large garden, but when our old dog died we started to have trouble with cats killing them. At one point we had 14, including some extremely cute babies. They are great little lawn mowers and friendly too. We only have 1 now and he'll probably be the last one because the boys are all grown up.