Friday, July 11, 2008

Small Town Photos

After a hard week of way too much office work, my family and I went out to dinner. After dinner we discovered a really big, small town party.

A band was playing country music in the gazebo.

All the cowboys were out wearing their hats and guns in holsters.

People were dancing on the sidewalks.

Kids were playing in the water fountain.

You could walk down the middle of a downtown street without getting hit by a car, because everyone was at the party.

Driving home I took pictures of what my town used to look like before everyone started piling in here and subdivisions started sprouting up all over the place.

The beautiful Sierra Nevada mountain range is back there, but you can't see it through the smoke from all the wildfires.

We drove into our driveway and were greeted by hungry monsters.

3 comments:

Twinville said...

What a fun party. What kind of music was played? And was there food, too?

Man. That smoke is really bad. Were people affected by it at the party? I bet people were talking about it alot, too.

Love that hungry monster photo. Scary!!
hehe

Flying Lily said...

I love the party photos! It does my heart good to see people dancing with little kids running around. What a nice message for the little ones! Love and gracefulness and tenderness.

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

Awww-I miss those kind of town parties. All of the little towns around here used to have at least one street dance a year. Everyone within a 100 mile radius showed up-with coolers and kids.
That was a great way to grow up-hanging out with your parents and getting to know everyone.

Then the DUI's became a BIG deal and the cops starting busting EVERYONE. The dances slowly died off because people quit going. Now my home town has one dance a year and no one goes. Hell there are more cops at it than people who want to listen to good music and have a couple of beers.

Doncha know-I live in a big, scary, tuff part of the country-LOL.