Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday News

This message is brought to you by my pal Chip. This little guy is one of many who likes to skitter around my mother's vacation cabin in search of free peanuts. He's a pro when it comes to posing for pictures.

Anyway, my evening horseback ride at the fairgrounds was cancelled thanks to yet another California wildfire. This one is burning out of control near Yosemite. The smoke is so bad that both K and I have spent the day moping around our houses with massive headaches. Hopefully, all those little chipmunks and other critters can find their way out of that wildfire.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Cute little guy. Hope those wildfires get put out soon.

Pony Girl said...

Oh dear. You know, I had a pet chipmunk for a while when I was around 7 years old! His name was Junior and my cat caught him, but he lived and was my pet in a hutch my dad made. He got loose once but ran right back into my hand. He didn't know how to climb a tree because he was raised by us. Poor thing!
Sorry to hear about the fires. So scary!