Saturday, November 22, 2008

What About Me? What About You?

I've been tagged by Val at Fantastyk Voyage and coymakerel at Richness for a Grown Woman's Life for a me-me.

Here are the rules:

1. Write six random things about yourself.
2. Link to the person who tagged you.
3. Post the rules on your blog.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up.

Here are my six random facts:

1. My husband and I couldn't come to an agreement on what to name our son, despite the hospital's records lady visiting us every few hours, asking for a name that she can put on the birth certificate. Knowing how horse-crazy I am, my husband suggested the name "Colt" and that's the name we went with. To this day, people call him "Colton" or "Cole", and we have to correct them by saying, "No, it's 'Colt', like a young male horse."

2. I was never forced to do any chores when growing up. My parents did it all, so when I had to do "pledge duties" upon entering a sorority in college, I didn't know how to do the chores that were assigned to me. I knew I had to wipe the floor with a mop, but had no idea what else to use besides water. So, I poured dish detergent into the bucket and mopped the sorority house floor. That night all of my sorority sisters were complaining about how sticky the floor was, and thought I had done it on purpose as a prank. As my punishment, I had to recite the entire Pledge Manual to the house. Since then, I have trained my own kids how to do basic chores and give them a monthly allowance for doing them. There's no sense in sending your grown children out into the world without skills.

3. I probably have more unfinished projects laying around my house than I have years left in my life to complete them.

4. I'm a homebody. If given the choice to stay home with my family and pets or go out and do something social, I prefer to stay home.

5. I own a larger collection of poetry books than both my local library and my local bookstore do.

6. I only make the bed on the weekend. What's the point if you don't have company over and you don't plan to sit on it during the day?

Here are six people I'd like to know more about:

Project Jasper

RANCHette


Ride a Good Horse

Stories from Sweetgrass Farm

The Adventures of a Horse Mom


Training Roxy

7 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Colt- that's a very interesting first name. I'll bet he NEVER comes across anyone with the same name.

Who is your favorite poet? Ever hear of Felix Dennis?

I always make my bed so I don't get cat hair in it.

Thanks for playing along.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

FV - Interestingly enough, there have turned out to be a couple of famous Colts, and a few Coltons being called Colt. A lot of people who move to Nevada tend to name their boys Nevada and their girls Sierra.

I haven't heard of Felix Dennis, but I actually hate poetry now. It was a big part of my life many years ago, but now I don't have the patience to read it.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love the name Colt. What an interesting background on his name. lol!
Also interesting about how people tend to choose for their kids specific names in demographical areas.

I don't have patience for poetry either. I always have to read it several times to truly understand it.
But I am a homebody, and love to be at home.
And though I don't truly make my bed, I do toss the comforter over it, so my cat or dog don't leave hair on my sheets or my kids don't leave anything icky while they crawl all over it.

Thanks for sharing some neat stuff about you,

~Lisa
New Mexico

Vaquerogirl said...

Colt- That is a fantastic gun! Collectible and shootable! I think I would have named a boy Colt too if given a chance ( I had two girls).
And have you read the books by Ellen Hopkins? She writes novels in poetry and they are fantastic!
Her first one was "Crank'- but if I had to choose one I'd say read 'Impulse'. Ellen is a Nevada Resident too!

Love to read stuff about my new blog friends!

Shirley said...

I'll get to it tomorrow!

Cheryl said...

HA! My husband couldn't figure out what to name our son, so he named him after himself! Hal is a JR...Harold Arthur JR. UGH! We have called him "Hal". Now he's going to be a dad and he is struggling with names. Ha, ha! I LOVE Colt!

ranchette said...

Thanks for tagging me. I got my post up this morning. Looks like you and I have something in common, and its not a son named Colt. Great name by the way!