Friday, January 23, 2009

The Earth Can't Hold Anymore Water

First the fog moved in. Doesn't my pasture look ghostly?

Mist was floating through the pine trees and the cars were iced over.

Then the rain came and stayed. I have to walk through this to get to the barn...

This was what spilled off the tire from Lostine's breakfast, but even she wasn't willing to eat that...

I had some seriously wet horses by the time I pulled my head out of my computer and realized that it was raining. Leading the horses from their pens to their stalls was no easy feat. They smelled like wet dogs, so I had to hold my breath while leading them. They couldn't tell how deep the water puddles were and didn't want to step through them. It took a bit of coaxing to convince them that they wouldn't fall in. Then they balked at their stall doors because the rain was so loud on the aluminum roof. Once inside, Bombay let us all know how he really feels about having to spend yet another day in his stall...

See him sticking his tongue out?

8 comments:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The fog is kind of pretty in a spooky magical kind of way. Silly Bombay!
I have never seen my mare stick her tongue out. Isn't that weird?
It would be fun to catch a funny picture of that :)

~Lisa

Rising Rainbow said...

I understand that kind of standing water. Don't like it much, but get to deal with it anyway. I hope it moves through your area quickly.


LOL, Bombay doesn't look all that wet. How long did it take them to dry off.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

It looks wet!!!

Victoria Cummings said...

I prefer the snow to the rain. Unfortunately, we'll get the rain like you did as soon as the snow disappears. Will it ever be sunny and green again???

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

The horses were dripping wet when I put them in their stalls, but they had been in their stalls drying off for several hours by the time I took these pictures.

Callie said...

LOL, I love the smell of a wet horse! hehehe, Hope you dry up soon!

fernvalley01 said...

hate to admit it but I think I prefer our snow.BTW do you have a larger phot of your stall set up. It looks like outdoor with a roof?I am just curious we have 4 stalls in our barn/shop but no room to ad more if needed so I am interested in options

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

fernvalley01 - I have other photos of the shedrow barn and portable stall throughout the blog. The following article gives more information about the setup:

http://nuzzlingmuzzles.blogspot.com/2008/06/barn-and-tack-room-tour.html