Saturday, March 14, 2009

First Track Meet of the Season

Today's post isn't about horses, but about some Northern Nevada high school students who can run just about as fast and jump just about as high as horses. This is my son's first year on his high school's track team. The day started off freezing the tip of my index finger to the shutter release on my camera, but eventually warmed up to be a decent day. How about these views?

There were a lot of people doing silly walks out in the infield...

My son didn't know how to pole vault until just a few weeks ago. Here is one of his warm up attempts...

And check out those biceps...

He has muscles in places he didn't know he had before he started running track. Tuck that butt in...

My son also ran the 200 meter and the 400 meter races...

My husband volunteered to mark and measure for the discus throwers. I got this shot of him from all the way on the opposite end of the football field...

Everything was cool until this guy showed up with a gun...

Here are a few of my favorite pics from the day...





5 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

My daughter ran track: the 200 and 400 meter and relays. They're tough races!

It was always especially cold and windy on thoses days. However, I always enjoyed going, watching, and cheering for her.

She also ran cross country in the fall.

Chris said...

My goodness that is some surrounds! Great pics :D

Lulu said...

I use to run track....only I ran the LONG distances. It was not unusual for me to run the 1 and 2 mile races at one track meet.

Johara said...

Thank goodness my little brother graduated last June. The previous three years were spent at his various cold! track meets or football games - depending on the season! (We're from N. Nevada too.)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow! That last photo makes my knee hurt!

Awesome views! And Colt looks AMAZING!!! What a talented, strong young man he is. You must be gushing with pride for him.

Way to go Colt!!!

~Lisa