Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hanging Out

One of my favorite, most relaxing activities involves letting the horses out to graze on the RV lane. Here they can help me weed and clean up any dregs of hay that would otherwise blow away.

I like to sit in my patio chair and listen to the munch, munch, munch of horses in bliss.

They know the rule is that as soon as someone tries to snatch off the haystack, they all have to go back into the paddock. So, they politely eat the loose hay, because they have learned that they can stay out longer if they avoid the stack.

7 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Smart horses!

Kate said...

I just love the sound of horses chewing - I think someone should make a relaxation CD for horse people with horses chewing, sighing, rustling in hay, etc.!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Kate - That's not a bad idea. I might just take on that challenge as a way to make a little money on the side. Personally, the sound of a babbling brook just makes me want to pee, but horse sounds really do make me relax and feel both happy and at peace.

Katharine Swan said...

Just make sure you only market that CD to horse people, because I don't think the 'normal' folk would get it. ;-D

You've got a trio of really smart horses!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such well-behaved, well-trained horses NM!

Last night I sat in the barn and just closed my eyes listening to all the animals munching their hay. It relaxes me and calms me, too. :)

~Lisa

Grey Horse Matters said...

Well trained, they know when they have it good. Love to hear horses eating.They're better than hiring a clean up crew too.

Leah Fry said...

Very smart horses. Umm, way smarter than mine would be.