Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Intrepid Riders Faction Award

Kacy, over at All Horse Stuff, created this unique and meaningful award. One of the things that make this award special and challenging is that you can only choose one person. Kacy chose Lisa at Laughing Orca Ranch as her very first recipient. Lisa then chose me, and I am honored. The following description is in Kacy's words:

This Award is dedicated to those Horse lovers and riders that inspire others to go deeper in ability, knowledge and understanding of the Equine(s) they have been entrusted to.The good of the horse is the ultimate goal apart from pressures to achieve ribbons and fit into lesson schedules.

~Some of these riders are fearless, when it comes to weather conditions and the forecasting of them...being with their horses fills these folk’s soul and takes the cares out of daily routines.

~They are unconditionally loving to the horse and may have rescued it from known ailments or living conditions.

~Others have researched and purchased/acquired their horse, to find a difficulty in temperament or a physical burden within the animal. Yet, being dedicated , they have persevered to proudly be in partnership with their horse, lovingly striving for deeper awareness's between them.

~Some horse lovers may have been riding for years and suddenly, had an accident that takes them away from the great joy and freedom they have, being aboard such a magnificent animal.

~They have allowed the healing horse to rise in their hearts once again, and beckon them back!

~This is a symbol or an emblem to give away to those we are aware of that have uniquely nurtured and loved the Equine in a special way.
In turn the equine has inspired them as well, to be more and to go further in trust and ability.
It honors the unique drive they have for going the distance, understanding the needs, and rising to the occasion of, supplying the care/training for their entrusted Horse(s).

There are not many rules with this award...JUST :

1) that the person who is given this award, give it to only one person.

2) link back to this post, so they may have an understanding to its true nature. ( Intrepid Riders Faction Blog Post )

3) You can choose either the style at the top of this post or the one below:

Of course, there are many bloggers I can think of who are deserving of this award:
  • There are those who rescue horses and care for them the rest of their lives.
  • There are those who adopt wild mustangs and train them, then don't want to let them go once they go to auction during the Wild Mustang Makeover.
  • There are those who see a horse in need and have to persuade the neglectful owner to release the horse into their care.
  • There are those who marry someone on the other side of the world, and ship their horse there to keep it in the family.
  • There are those who own horses with severe injuries, and who devote all their time and money into rehabilitating the horse.
  • There are those who raise money for horse rescue organizations and educate the public on hoof care.
Who to choose? Who to choose? Well, if you fit any of the descriptions above, you know I thought of you, and you definitely deserve this award. I know it will reach you somewhere down the road. However, I can only choose one person, and I settled on Reddunappy of There is a Horse in my Bubblebath. Here is what she writes in her profile:

We are here in beautiful SW Washington State. My mom got her first horse when I was 2, I got my first pony when I was 5, I did 4-H, and enjoyed growing up with horses. I worked at a feed store for 8 years. Was tack buyer and cashier. Was able to give my girls horses at a young age and have done 4-H with them for 13 years. We have three kids, John, 24; Sara, 23; and Meghan, soon to be (sigh) 18. I read everything horsey I can get my hands on. In 2002 I was hit head on by a drunk driver, recovered from that and most recently in March '08 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, successful surgery and radiation treatment, still recovering, but I am riding again, and enjoying my horses even more! We have three. 9 yr old appy mare, 20 yr old QH/Morgan mare, and a 24 yr old reg. QH mare.

We all know that with the cost of health care being what it is even with the best health insurance on earth, it would be hard for most of us to hang onto our horses with all those medical bills. It is clear that Reddunappy loves and is devoted to her horses and her children, who are now adults. Her joy comes through in all of her posts. She reminds me to take the time to enjoy life. I don't think that anyone would argue against me when I say that she is resolutely courageous. I'm sure that she deserves and will appreciate this award.

7 comments:

Reddunappy said...

Oh NM thank you so much for all your kind words, I am crying as I write this, it still amazes me that my little piece of the world can interest and touch people, Thank you, its people like you that renew my faith in the human race! I have met so many wonderful people since I started blogging and all have been an inspiration to me. I hope someday to meet some of you all in person!

Mrs Mom said...

Congrats NM!! You surely do deserve this lovely award! (Kacy has such talent!)

HorseInMyBubblebath is a fantastic blogger to pass it along to!!

Keep up the outstanding work here, and with your crew!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved award.

allhorsestuff said...

Congrats to YOU and ...very Awesome choice of Reddunappy!...I am learning soo much about people because of this IRF award!
Kac

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wonderful choice, NM. She's such an inspiration to go through so much hardship and difficult challenges, but still finding hope and using her strength and courage to stay true to her dreams and passions.

Have a beautiful week!

~Lisa

fernvalley01 said...

Nuz Muz ,congrats on the award ,and excellent choice in Redunappy as the next recipient ! she is a great gal and an inspiration to all!

HorseOfCourse said...

Congratulations on the award, NM! Seems to be a very good choice in whom to pass on the award to, too.