Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Stills: Religion

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge is religion. Since most of the churches in my area operate out of small square business units, I thought I'd pull some old photos out of my archive. These are from my visit to the Santa Barbara Mission in California in the spring of 2008. The indoor shots are dark, because flash photography was not allowed, and I've never been good about taking the time to figure out how to set up the camera to hold the lens open longer. I suppose I should learn that if I'm going to be participating in photography challenges.






13 comments:

dibear said...

Beautiful church. Loved the sculpture.

Andrea said...

Great shots...I love the last two!! :)

Sherri said...

Beautiful submission.

Flo said...

Great shots. I love the California missions. Each one has it's own unique style and personality.

Mine is up over at the photo blog.

Cheryl Ann said...

Beautiful mission! I dragged our two children to most of the California missions, but we never made it to the Santa Barbara one! Can you believe it? DUH! After about their fifth one, they begged me to quit!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Such a lovely church, NM. You had a nice angle in the top pic.

I admire those beautiful California Mission style churches.

~Lisa

MariesImages said...

Beautiful church & images~

Holly said...

beautiful soft color!

Pete said...

Nice architecture. The last one is very interesting.

CTG Ponies said...

Great pics. I love the gardens.

Patches said...

Very nice! I like the sculptures.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very nice photographs:)

manker said...

shalom and amen
gp