Saturday, April 11, 2009

Sunday Stills: Something Red

Look what the Easter bunny bought to help out GM and the economy!

With what's happening in the world today, we've been unsure whether to hunker down financially out of the expectation that one or both of us will lose our jobs, or whether to think positive and try to help out the economy while we both do have jobs.

As the family accountant, I worked hard to pay off all our vehicles and credit cards before we had to start paying off my daughter's college loan. I had no intention of getting another vehicle, but then I drove my husband's old Chrysler and realized that it was on its last leg. There was no way we were going to make it beyond another 7 years of college loans without buying a new car, unless we planned to hoof it everywhere. We live in the boonies where there is no public transportation. I suppose that's what horses are for, right?

Anyway, my husband works hard and deserves something for his efforts. I began searching the Internet for deals on slightly used luxury cars with all-wheel drive for our rugged winters. It seemed that all the good stuff was in California. Despite the recession and GM's troubles, it was hard to find some of these "good deals" that you read about in the rest of the country. However, I did find this beauty, which was the last 2008 Caddie on the lot. Our local dealer wanted to get rid of it at a huge discount. We can't afford a Cadillac, but we can afford one at a huge discount.

...And BONUS! My daughter called today to tell us that she got a job being a Community Assistant in the dorms at her college next year, which means free room and board! Now we can use what we would have paid for that and put it into the payments for this big red beast. It pays to think positive.

Happy Easter!

22 comments:

Pony Girl said...

WOW! Good news! That is a nice car. I bet it drives really nice. I agree with the concept of putting back into the economy. I do my fair share of that! ;) Have a happy Easter!

Jen Mo said...

Wow what a shiny red car you have grandma!!! LOL I like the first photo the best!!!

MariesImages said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Congratulations of your new car, IT IS BEAUTIFUL!
LOVE it!
Marie

Paint Girl said...

Love the new red car! Is it a CTS? I know my other half wanted a CTS a couple years ago. We like them cadi's!
I usually trade my car in every 3 years but I have had my most recent one for 7 yrs now. It's paid off and I really don't want a car payment for awhile! But I love new cars!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Paint Girl - It's an STS, which is the sporty version of the CTS.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Now that's a RED car! Very cool!

2009 has been a good year for you so far. I hope it continues to get even better, too. :)

Happy Easter, NM!

~Lisa

CTG Ponies said...

Congrats on the new shiny red car!

Cheryl Ann said...

What a nice looking car! Hey, I'm STILL paying off my kids' parent loans! I believe I have two more years, but it's LOW interest!

Andrea said...

Beautiful car...and great shots of it!! :)

Ed said...

Nice Caddy! Great shots too..:-)

Molly said...

Looks like a candy apple and is as sweet.
Congratulations to the lucky man.
Happy Easter!

dibear said...

WOW!! Nice red wheels. :)

Shirley said...

Lucky husband! There is nothing like a red car..... or truck for that matter!

Leah Fry said...

THAT is a beauty. I like that kind of horsepower too!

WhimsybyMari said...

The Easter Bunny was good to you what a beautiful car. Red is a perfect color too.

The D-Meister said...

That's not nearly as ugly as you described. :-)

Wilmoth Farms Rachel & Her Farmer said...

Thats better than any Easter Basket I could think of! Congrats...God always has a way of taking care of us and works things out perfectly!

Tracey said...

Wow...now that's some Easter Bunny! And I'm wondering just how big the basket was...

Congratulations!

Patches said...

Wow! Can you give your easter bunny my address?!? lol

Very pretty car! Congrats!

Kelly said...

Great news...I love it when a plan comes together :)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Now that's a sweet ride!!

Beautiful!!

Promise said...

Congratulations on the new car!

I also decided to take advantage of the economy and bought a new car in February. I love not having to worry about whether I'm going to make it to work every day, and I would MUCH rather put payments into a car than money to repair 50 million things. :)