Monday, May 18, 2009

Reins in One Hand, Camera in the Other

So, I was riding Bombay and taking my usual still shots from the saddle, and then I decided to video tape my ride so that I could pretend like I'm riding during the week when I'm stuck at my computer. I thought I might also learn how to upload videos, since I've never taken the time to do that on this blog.

We were cruisin' along and I was checking out the size of my butt in the reflection of the horse trailer window -- I mean I was trying to gauge how far I was bouncing out of the saddle at the jog and lope (too far, too far)...

Gabbrielle always hangs out by the round pen and makes faces at Bombay as we pass, so I stopped and let them kiss...

On another rotation a noticed a whirlwind coming up the street blowing quite a bit of dust around. It turned into my neighbor's driveway and headed for their house. I started turning the camera toward the dust devil to try to get it on film and WHAMO! The little tornado hit some construction supplies that my neighbor had sitting on his driveway and they exploded making a huge racket as each item came back down to earth.

Of course, in that same instant, Gabbrielle bolted and Bombay jumped to the side in a spook. I let out an expletive, which contaminated the film, so now I can't post it out of respect for those who do not care to hear such words. Let's just say I took a famous religious icon's name in vain as I was attempting to gather my wits about me. I thought about posting the video without sound, but you can't really tell what's going on without the sound. Sorry. I'll try to get another one of Bombay's teleportation tricks on video some other time, only I'll have my potty-mouth taped shut so that the film can be G-rated.

11 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

How kind of you to consider everyones sensibilities. Hope to see you on video sans "potty mouth " soon

Callie said...

LOL, Oh darn, I wouldn't mind the naughty word! Just write a disclaimer to the video! I have to see this!

Breathe said...

LOL!!! I will have to teach you how to edit sound, because that's a video I want to see!

Glad you stayed safe.

Leah Fry said...

OK, you get the glory today for making me LOL! Glad you're OK.

Paint Girl said...

Even though this isn't something to laugh about, I just had to laugh! I also would love to see the video, swear words and all!
I am so used to the teleportation in horses. Brandy does this to me all the time! I am surprised I have never come off of her! Knock on wood!!

Katharine Swan said...

Awww, I wanna see the video. :o( Can you see if you can mute the sound for just that part of the video?

City girl turned Country Girl said...

Well I'm glad Bombay didn't flight on you!!! The jump was probably enough!! Well we'll wait to see another video!!

Kate said...

Sounds like your neighbors were in for it! LOL! Looking forward to the results of your (uncontaminated) video efforts!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Well, I'm glad you recovered! Good thing you didn't drop the camera. It's hard to film and ride at the same time.

Abe Lincoln said...

The kiss part was the best. Nice to see and read about it.

Gobsmacked

Andrea said...

You crack me up!! I would have loved to have seen the video!! I think it takes some great skills to ride and video!!