Saturday, July 4, 2009

For Those Who Appreciate Bombay's Sensibilities

The other night I had just finished up cleaning the paddock when I spotted Bombay backing into the fence to relieve himself. I rushed over there dragging my Ursa Wagon behind me in hopes of catching the manure before it hit the ground. I said to Bombay, "At least you could TRY to get it in the wagon!"

Unfortunately, the horse apples had hit the ground by the time I reached him. I grabbed my fork and started cleaning up that one last pile, and when I turned around I found Bombay with his rear hanging over the Ursa Wagon finishing the job!

Bombay also discovered my diamond wedding ring and decided it made a good nipple...



Some boys never grow up. Happy Independence Day!

11 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

What a ham!! Have a happy safe 4th!

Katharine Swan said...

Very polite of Bombay. Wish I could teach Panama to do that. I've heard of a horse who would always poop in the mucking bucket if you left one in the corner of his stall. Wouldn't that be nice?

Funny pictures of him sucking on your ring. I have a cat who likes to half-chew, half-suck on fingers when he's affectionate. It's a crazy habit.

Breathe said...

Wow. With a little work you might get a potty trained horse!

Happy 4th!

jane augenstein said...

Funny, funny horse! Now if you can just teach him to poo in the cart on command!!!
Good pictures of him trying to get your ring!
Happy 4th!!!
~Jane and Gilly~

Paint Girl said...

Have a happy 4th!

Leah Fry said...

Must be a pretty darn big diamond, missy!

TCavanaugh said...

What a great trainer you are! Did you empty your cart and leave it in the paddock so he can continue his newfound trick? LOL

KD said...

What a big giant goober ! He sounds like a fun guy !

sue said...

your ring story reminds me of one... I was teaching dog class one night, and a student said to her dog "what do you have in your mouth??" and went in after "it"... well, the "it" was a diamond.. and the moment she said, "is this a diamond?" I looked at my wedding ring and noticed the stone was missing!!!! thank goodness she noticed that her dog had it before he could swallow it... thank goodness it poppped out at dog class and not in the manure pile!!!! since then, I don't wear my diamond to "work".. I have plain band that I wear and save the good stuff for special occassions.....

Andrea said...

Oh I love him!! He has the best personality!! Happy Fourth!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Bombay is such a fun horse with a huge personality :)

~Lisa