Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Funny Story

The other day my 16-year-old son and I were talking, and he told me that there was a dunk tank at one of his friend's birthday parties. They wanted him to be the dunk tank victim, but he didn't bring a swimsuit. Being the character that he is, my son volunteered to wear his friend's mother's bikini. He said the bottoms fit a bit odd for his male physique, so he wore his boxers underneath.

My son jokes around about a lot of things, so I never really know when to believe his stories. Sometimes they are made up in an effort to get me to laugh, other times they really did happen. I wasn't sure about this one. Although, he did break into the costume room of the drama department at school one year and dressed up like a woman along with another guy. When they strutted out into the hallway, there was a bunch of girls with their cell phone cameras poised, shooting off snapshots, just like the paparazzi.

Then last weekend when my son and I took our horses to the Fairgrounds, we got out of our truck and he spotted a girl he knew. He waved to her, and the woman sitting next to the girl said, "Hey! It's Bikini Boy!"

I burst out laughing and said, "You mean that story is true? He really wore a bikini at a birthday party?"

As I was talking to her, my son was trying to pull me away to prevent this conversation from taking place.

She nodded and said, "Yes, and we took pictures and put them all over Facebook!"

I laughed even harder. "Really?" I asked.

"No, I'm just kidding about that. We only took pictures," she said.

I was excited to find that my son was friends with a rodeo family. They practiced on the barrels and worked out the kinks while I took a few pictures. When we got home he showed me the picture of him in the bikini as proof, but he won't give me permission to post it on my blog, because he's afraid it will come back to haunt him like some of the Miss America nudie shots. He did let me tell the story, though, so you can laugh too.

7 comments:

Leah Fry said...

When he was 8-9 years old, my son asked to be a fairy princess for his school (all boys) Halloween party. He won first prize and was never embarrassed for a moment about it. His wife just saw the photo for the first time and asked me about it over lunch the other day. Seems she thought I made him wear it. No, sweetie, he's his own worst enemy LOL!

Paint Girl said...

Sounds like your son has a great sense of humor!! Gave me a good laugh! Too bad we can't see any pictures, but that is ok, I understand why he wouldn't want to put them online!! LOL!

Breathe said...

ROFL! Too funny! How wonderful that he is that... self assured. :)

fernvalley01 said...

Sounds like agreat kid ! good sense of humour and confident!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a small world to go to the arena and have that happen. Did Colt blush? Thanks to camera phones and the internet, anything you do can be broadcast for the entire world to see.

Colt sounds so much like my twinling, Jackson. He is so comfy in his own skin and has no qualms when people laugh at him. He likes it! He lives for it! lol!

My other twinling is much more sensitive...and quieter, more like me. :)

So, what color was the bikini? Did it have a skirt? Or was it a sting bikini? lol!

You go Colt! You'll be famous in no time!

~Lisa

Grey Horse Matters said...

Now that's a fun kid. It's too bad we can't get to see him in the bikini, but I can imagine he might be just a tad embarrassed if you did put it up.

HorseOfCourse said...

How marvellous!
Your son has qualities that will help him in his life; having a good sense of humour, and not being afraid of making a fool of himself ;-)
We all love such a person, don't we?
It's a pity we cannot see the photos, but I understand why...