Sunday, September 27, 2009

Day 9: A Glimpse of the Future

Soon we will be able to take our groceries out of these bags and store them in our new cabinets...



Soon our new range and microwave will be hooked up...



This is a glimpse of the rounded extension to our kitchen...



It feels bigger already.  This is the southeast corner of our kitchen...



My husband had to cut a lot of holes in the cabinetry to get all the sink pipes to fit.  We have to snake them around through other cabinets to reach the dishwasher and refrigerator...



Our trash compactor had to be relocated next to the sink.  I think I'll like it better there.  Our designer tried to talk us out of keeping the trash compactor, but it is one of those things we can't live without.  We were without one for over a month when it broke down, and I had to take the garbage out twice a day.  I can think of a million things I'd rather be doing with my time.  With a trash compactor, we only take out the trash twice a week.



Too bad we can't cram all this garbage into the trash compactor...



I did help today by stacking the cardboard in the back of our pickup truck.  All the cardboard triangles that looked like exotic buildings required three extra-large lawn bags to get them off our grass.  This is officially the last day of my husband's vacation, and he's obviously not done yet.  The counter top people are coming by on Tuesday to make a template and take measurements.  My husband may have to extend his vacation with a sore back day to finish the basics of the job.  I suspect that the doors won't get put on until next weekend.  I should be able to help with that too.

6 comments:

Paint Girl said...

It's looking good!
We have a trash compactor too, I had never had one before I moved here. We do use it a lot!
That is a lot of garbage! Can't wait to see the finished project.

manker said...

most excellent progress.. home sweet home

gp

Breathe said...

Vacation? Boy, do you owe him a trip now...

Leah Fry said...

Looking good! I had a trash compactor once in a house I rented, but didn't care enough about it to add one when we built this place. I guess it's all about what you're used to.

Katharine Swan said...

Wow, this is looking great! I can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Never had a trash compactor. My twinlings carry all the trash out, and they need the exercise. lol!

Looking good at your place. The end of the kitchen remodel is so close now! Will you have a ribbon cutting celebration? :)

~Lisa