Saturday, October 3, 2009

Weekend Update

Spending the day in bed on Friday and taking Zicam really helped expedite my cold. I felt much better on Saturday and was able to clean stalls and the paddock. I also parked the horse trailer in its winter spot at the back of the RV lane to free up my truck with snow tires and 4WD for the upcoming snowstorm.



I had to clear a bunch of tumbleweeds away from my gate in order to get through it. I purposefully made the pile tall enough so that the horses could reach over the fence and grab one to play with. They love throwing tumbleweeds around. Sometimes they scratch each other's backs with them. Sometimes they play soccer with them.



These aren't my weeds. They belong to my neighbors who always manage to weed their lot without taking the time to properly dispose of the weeds or burn them. The man is a firefighter, so it's not like he'd have trouble getting a permit. Yet, every time they weed, a big wind comes up and blows all of their tumbleweeds into our yard. We just spread them out on our lawn and run over them with our rider mower.

We also get to throw away all of our neighbor's garbage after every storm. Chain-link is where the buck stops. Unfortunately for us, we find more trash against our fences than we do money. Here is the next batch of tumbleweeds that are about to blow over my neighbor's fence into my yard...



They look like cattle waiting to get out, don't they?  Do you notice anything different about my horse trailer?



There are TWO tie rings! Thanks to Southwest Trailers in Ramona, California, I was able to get a replacement part for that tie ring that Gabbrielle broke when she bolted to try to get away from the cotton sheeting wrapped around her leg.


10 comments:

Reddunappy said...

Good you got the part to fix it right!
When the tack room door latch broke on my trailer, I went through a local dealer and what a fiasco!They kept putting me off for a $30 part, oh it will come up with the next trailer shipment etc, it didnt come and didnt come, we finally had to put a hasp and paddlock on the door, Meghan had fair to go to and we had to haul, I wasnt happy. Finally the new latch came and fit beautifully, still have the hasp, at least it makes for a sturdier lock when our saddles are in there.
The whole thing just made me mad because their customer service just sucked.

fernvalley01 said...

Nuzz Muzz, I think we are victims of a new internet virus!(lol) Mikey is sick , you are sick ,now I am coming down with something! as are several of my other blogging buddies! Glad you got your trailer fixed .

allhorsestuff said...

NIce job on the tie rings. I have two to replace as well from the previous owner.

I hate it when you are down wind or in my case...down stream + down wind, from others that like very much the fact that thier stuff does not stay in thier way long...but gravitates to you!
Iritating to no end. At least your ponies like the games they can have with the T weeds! That would be cute to see~
KK

allhorsestuff said...

Oh...hope that you are pretty much better feeeling soon!
KK

Paint Girl said...

That is a lot of tumble weeds! Funny how your horses play with them!
Glad you got the part to fix your trailer! And I am glad you are feeling better!

Mrs Mom said...

Your neighbors-- ALL of them-- would drive me to drink... I keep hoping that The Perfect Place will show up for you guys, and you won't have ANY neighbors except for your horses!!

dibear said...

I don't think all those tumbleweeds would make me very happy, but I'd love to see the horses playing with them. :)

Anonymous said...

Great fix. A friend of mine's mare took out a full-thickness chunk of her trailer along with the tie-ring. Very expensive fix! Oh, plus vet bills from nutty mare running around with the chunk.

AKPonyGirl said...

Found this post off BEC and stopped dead at the mention of Zicam. My husband has completely lost his sense of smell after using Zicam for a cold several months ago. Since then we have found there is a class action lawsuit against Zicam because of the number of people who have lost their sense of smell. The doctor says it may return or it may not.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hmmmm...very interesting:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/drugs/zicam.asp


~Lisa