Friday, October 16, 2009

What a Surprise!

What a surprise to receive a letter today from Downunder Horsemanship that contains two free tickets to the Clinton Anderson Wahl Walkabout Tour in Reno! I wanted my son to go with me, but he's all horsed out. I drag him to the Western States Horse Expo every year and he's sick of it. So, I'm trying to get the mother of one of his friends who is a barrel racer to come with me. If that doesn't work out, I'll ask my neighbor friend. It's sad that I don't know a whole lot of people in my area who ride horses as a hobby. Anyway, the letter said that my name was selected from a random drawing. I didn't enter one, but I'm sure I'm on plenty of horsey mailing lists.

I think my luck is finally turning. In the past few weeks I won a 200th post drawing at Barn Door Tagz, a calendar in a contest at Fern Valley Appaloosas, I received the Intrepid Riders Faction Award from Breathe at HorseCentric, and was pleasantly surprised to have these two free tickets fall into my lap. It's funny, because I tell people I never answer the phone because no one ever calls to give me something or do me a favor. They always want something from me, whether it be money, or my time and energy. I guess that's not always the case. That'll teach me to be so skeptical.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to covering the show for my blog.

11 comments:

jane augenstein said...

Wahoooo!!! Lucky you!!! You will have a great watching Clinton! He is a great clinician and quite entertaining too! Have a wonderful time!!!!!
Jane

fernvalley01 said...

Hooray for good news !

Sydney said...

Clinton is a great clinician. I have a couple of his videos and his book downunder horsemanship where he took two horses and riders that had problems and transformed them. Amazing. I would suggest getting his trail videos but of course the fancy expensive equipment is NOT necessary. I made most of mine.

Breathe said...

How fun! I wish I was nearby, I'd go with you!

I hope you have a fantastic time, and congrats on the good run of luck!

photogchic said...

Yeah! Always nice to win stuff. Should be a great time. I have been to two Clinton Anderson tours and take something away each time. Love his trailer loading demos....entertaining and informative.

Shirley said...

Good deal! Looking forward to your blog about it.

Leah Fry said...

Yeah, I'd say your luck has turned. And you have a beautiful new kitchen to boot. Have fun at the clinic.

Mikey said...

Awesome! Now run down to the store and buy some Powerball tickets. RIGHT NOW! lol

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

Well congratulations on the oodles of prizes that have come your way.

Better sit down with your son and explain to him that if he is going to 'befriend' a barrel racer...he better get more interested in horses-LOL. Us barrel racers are just crazy that way-hehehe.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, that's just awesome. I think your new good fortune is just a return of good karma. You've been generous and kind to others recently and now the same is being returned to you :)

You know I fly for free. If John were home to watch my kidlet trio, I'd fly up in a heartbeat to attend this clinic with you.

You're going to have such a great time. I'm happy for you :D

~Lisa

Vaquerogirl said...

How much fun is that going to be! Wowo! Good for you!