Monday, December 7, 2009

Snow Dogs and Monkeys that Moon

Midge catching snowflakes on her tongue.

Monty wiping snowflakes from his eye.

Old arthritic dog trying to get up after making a snow angel (next to a bush he just peed on, of course.)

Last night I was watching America's Funniest Videos and saw a video of a monkey at the zoo sticking its butt up in the air and looking at the camera man upside down from between its legs. The camera man burst out laughing, and then said to the monkey, "Do it again."

The monkey promptly mooned the man a second time, peering at him upside down from between its legs. That gave me my good laugh for the evening.

This afternoon I started to walk out my side door to go feed the horses their lunch, and was startled to see my nosy neighbor standing out on her porch in the middle of a blizzard. As soon as she spotted me, she bent over, sticking her butt up in the air, her hand went down to the ground, and she stayed in that position for quite some time pretending like she was picking something up off her snow-covered porch, but was really just spying on me upside down from between her legs. I burst out laughing and had to restrain myself from yelling, "Do it again!"

We're up to 10 inches of snow now. I wonder if my neighbor found anything while digging around down there. I think I'll give that nosy tactic a try myself. I can spy on her while she's spying on me and moon her at the same time. If she asks what I'm doing, I'll tell her I lost a contact lens. I'm not sure if I want to actually drop my pants in these freezing temperatures though. ;)

13 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The dogs are adorable and I love the moon your nosy neighbor idea. Think I'd wait til warmer weather though.

baystatebrumby said...

We got some snow here too, but not ten inches! It sure looks pretty. I must say, I really love having a snowy December. I also love watching the dogs in the snow. Our new dog rolls and leaps and pounces in it. Kind of makes me feel like doing the same! Such joy!

Stephanie said...

The dogs are so cute in the snow!

Katharine Swan said...

Oh! I loved the monkey/neighbor/moon thing. You totally should have said it. It's not like she would have understood. ;o) And in any case, don't forget, trying to talk to her makes her run away!

fernvalley01 said...

Too funny! I dare ya!

Leah Fry said...

You get the glory -- you're the first blogger to make me LOL today. That's great!

Mr. Fry always says monkeys make him laugh all the time. So now when I'm in the store, all I need to do is look for a card with a monkey on it and I know it's the right one.

Reddunappy said...

LOL you cracked me up! If you yell do it again everytime you see her I wonder what she would do LOL LOL

Breathe said...

Doggy snow angels! How fun!

10 inches! Wow. It's no time for mooning, that's for sure. :)

Callie said...

In all of my life, I have never known anyone but you to have absolutely the weirdest neighbors possible! Good Grief!!!!!!!!!

Janice said...

Great post, thanks for the laugh.

The D-Meister said...

Winner winner, chicken dinner! You get the award of the day for causing me to have the most awkward mental image.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

*SNORT* I love this title of your post. Very creative!

I think Monty's butt got stuck to that bush. The pee must have frozen as it came out and created a rope effect. lol!

Zuni does the same thing, rolling in the snow. So fun! Dobbie hates it. She will go outside and pee on demand, and then demand to come back inside asap!

I'm thinking how fun it would be if you strapped one of those rubber butts to your own butt (clothed, of course) and then mooned those wacko neighbors. I bet they'd do a double take and then run into the house.

And then you could just wear the rubber butt everytime you went outside.

Do it. Do it. Do it!

lol!


I dare ya.


~Lisa

Shirley said...

I like Lisa's idea!