Thursday, December 3, 2009

Yet Another Sign...

...that your small town is no longer small, or at least that some rude city dweller moved in next door:

You are sleeping when you are woken by the sound of one of your horses kicking its stall wall HARD and repeatedly. You get up, grab your coat and boots to venture out to the barn at midnight with flashlight in hand, only to discover that the cast horse you thought you heard was actually your next door neighbor walking around the car in her driveway slamming every door as loudly as she possibly can.

(Note that the last time I looked at my next door neighbor's car, it had a rope tying the trunk down. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if she broke her own trunk latch by slamming it too hard too many times.)

7 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Oh gosh, don't you just wish they'd all move away? I know I would.

Dan and Betty Cooksey said...

Man, that's bad. I can understand your frustration.

Dan

KD said...

My husband and I are hoping that we don't have to move from our little 2 acres in the city. 80 homes are being built in our quiet little neighborhood and our road has already become a race track. I feel your pain, but at least I have great neighbors on 3 sides.

fernvalley01 said...

Glad it wasn't a horse . But I too could live without the adrenalin of hearing odd sounds in the night! While the oil site workers were going back and forth , you wouldn't believe what I thought I was hearing . Add to that I have a nieghbor with Peacocks, first month she had them I thought someone was killing children! THEY SOUND LIKE "hELLP Meee"

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

fernvalley01 - I know the wild peacock sound exactly. We had a bunch of those around here when we first moved into the neighborhood, but all the crazy drivers killed them off.

Grey Horse Matters said...

A tad inconsiderate I'd say. Perhaps you could return the favor one day?

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Makes me grateful our neighborhood is very quiet.
Oddly enough sometimes when it's very calm outside, because we live in a valley, sounds bounce off the surrounding hills, and we can just barely hear voices if any of our neighbors are talking...and they can even be as far as a football field away. Of course, this happens only in the summertime. Too much wind this time of year....and not many folks outside. lol!


~Lisa