Wednesday, January 27, 2010

H2O

This was the state of things a few days ago...

This was the form of all this H2O this morning...

By noon, our yard was somewhere between snow, slush and mud. My husband laid down some wooden pallets to walk on as a plank in order to say out of the water puddles yesterday...

Gabbrielle was really good about letting me lead her past them without worrying too much. Usually, if you change one thing in the horses' environment, they automatically assume it is a predator.

Here is the melting snow that fell from the barn roof...

Some Slushy in the food troughs...

I must have known it was going to be a wet winter, because in the fall I worked on piling the manure really high in front of and around the edges of the stalls to dam up the water...

I left one corner uncovered so that I could dump dirty water out in the corner of the stall and let it flow outside. However, in the winter the water from outside flows inside...

I thought this picture was interesting. You can see the sun peeking out from behind the clouds in this water puddle...

Bombay looking cute, as always...

15 comments:

CheekyMare said...

Eww. Erm, you know summer's just around the corner right? It's a comin' Really it is.

Katharine Swan said...

Love the last picture. He IS cute. :o)

fernvalley01 said...

Glad to see a post I was worried you might have fotten buried by the snow! Pretty vclose by the looks of it

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

fernvalley01 - More like buried under work. We just had a major deadline at the office and now are going through the finger-pointing stage for everything that went wrong. I spend a lot of time putting on armor and throwing my shield around to deflect blame.

Sydney said...

seven more weeks until Spring

Dan and Betty Cooksey said...

Yuk. The evil side of snow.

Great pictures.

Dan

TCavanaugh said...

Way too wet for January...I suggest a good freeze until early March. Love the pic of Bombay, he is too cute! :)

JeniQ said...

Great pictures NuzzMuzz! I'm so tired of the ice/mud/ice/snow/mud circle too. You will see spring before I do though.

Leah Fry said...

Great pic of Bombay! I think some of that weather is headed our way, but it is predicted to be freezing rain. Around here, though, you never know what it's going to do until it does it.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

By evening, the RV lane and paddock were flooded. I was up to my ankles in water. I wondered how Gabbrielle was going to handle her walk back to the barn, as the puddles could not be avoided. She ended up wading right into the deepest puddle as if she was going to roll, and then reached out and snatched some hay off the haystack. Pretty funny. I let her snack as a reward for her bravery. It took years to get Bombay to go through puddles.

CheekyMare said...

^That gives me hope, that one day I will see Mandy doing that!

Breathe said...

It looks like you caught Bombay in the middle of a dance move.

This is exactly the stage of snow that had be fleeing from Chicago. Ick.

Your workplace is horrid! Are all software companies that way? It's pretty immature, isn't it?

Thanks for all your great comments, btw. Maybe I need lessons from your equitation instructor to freak me into cantering consistently. LOL

Paint Girl said...

That is the only thing I really hate about snow, the mess it makes when it melts!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love that photo of Bombay! He looks so inquisitive.

I love snow, but I don't like what happens after it melts. Our ground is over saturated with water right now from all of our past snowfalls. But we are preparing for a major snowstorm over the next two days that is supposed to dump up to 15" of snow on us. I'm not looking forward to when that all melts. bah!

~Lisa

Andrea said...

I love that Bombay boy!!! He is just too stinkin cute!!!! And all that wet yucky mud!!! I feel your pain!!! Ugh!!!