Sunday, February 28, 2010

Homecoming

When I got home from my trip to the Annual Arabian Horse Show in Scottsdale, the dogs jumped all over me and kissed my face. Since Midge has a cropped tail, it's really cute watching her wag it. I didn't know what the conditions would be like in the paddock, so I opted to see the horses in the morning. As I slept I started dreaming that I was visiting the horses, and then I was awakened by the sound of someone kicking his or her stall. I got up and went out to investigate.

As I walked down the RV lane, Bombay let out a squeal of delight. I ran up to him and he gave me a big hug with his horse head and neck. Then I ran over to Lostine and stroked her all over her face. Gabbrielle was waiting by her door for me. I went to her window and she spun around to plant a bunch of sloppy muzzle kisses all over my face. We had one big party at the barn with all our hugging and kissing and petting and squealing and neighing at 5:00 in the morning. All the lights came on next door, but I didn't care. I was happy to see my horses.

13 comments:

Vaquerogirl said...

SWEEEET!

fernvalley01 said...

that makes it all worth while doesn't it?

Paint Girl said...

How sweet! I love it when they show affection. I got attacked by my dogs when I came home. Bailey really missed me and actually was going through some serious depression while I was gone. He would just go straight back to the bedroom and sleep and he wouldn't play with his toys. He hasn't left my side since I have been home!

Katharine Swan said...

What a cute story. So glad it was a happy homecoming. :o)

Leah Fry said...

That's so sweet! I wish mine talked to me. The most I get is one of Jaz's hoarse sounding nickers when it's chow time.

Jen said...

I know anytime I don't get to see our horses for even a day, I go though withdrawal. When I had my mastectomy and couldn't go outside for 3 whole weeks I thought it would kill me. When I finally went outside again, it was at breakfast time and my Bella started yelling her head off and actually tried to climb over her stall wall to get to me (it sure is nice to be loved, isn't it? :o)

Breathe said...

How wonderful!!!

Not the case with mine, but I don't see them everyday even in good times.

Andrea said...

You have the cutest horses ever!! It's so sweet how much they love you!!!

KD said...

I know that made your heart swell...how sweet.

photogchic said...

Welcome home!

Cheryl Ann said...

Awww....that is so sweet!

manker said...

as they say in the wizard of oz, " click your heels three times, there's no place like home "!!

gp

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwww! That just warmed my heart and made me smile! I'm so happy for you, my friend. You deserve a warm homecoming.


~Lisa