Friday, February 12, 2010

Let's Give 'Em Something to Talk About

My lady neighbor has pretty much left me alone ever since I mounted that security camera on the back of my barn and pointed it at her favorite surveillance hideout. I started feeling free again and acting like my usual silly self around the horses. I resumed singing to them as I attached and removed their blankets mornings and nights. I spoke to them like I speak to humans. I talked to them about my day and asked them about theirs. Lostine has been totally lovin' on me lately, because she adores my singing. Everything was back to normal between the horses and me. No more paranoia wondering where my neighbor is hiding to spy and eavesdrop on me.

So, today I had just finished cleaning stalls when I noticed that Bombay had dropped his privates and it was looking like he might need a sheath cleaning. I moseyed on over to him, bent down and examined his crusty penis visually.

Of course, you know what's coming next.

I heard a door slam, looked up and saw the man next door standing on his porch staring at me. Oh well, at least I got a couple of weeks off from the gawking. That's more than I've had in years. And hallelujah, I get four full days of being hundreds of miles away from them starting tomorrow when I fly to Scottsdale for the Arabian Horse Show.

11 comments:

Leah Fry said...

Say hi to Paint Girl!

fernvalley01 said...

Well... at least you gave them something to look at ! A brief respite I guess is better than nothing. Have fun in Scottsdale!

JeniQ said...

LOL !!! Ya know.. some people wonder why I typically dislike other people...

Mikey said...

Good heavens they won't stop! What are they going to do when you actually clean the sheath? I think you should wave them over and give them a tutorial.
Have fun at Scottsdale, the weather is great right now. I'm off to Gold Rush Days this weekend, otherwise I'd come over there.

KD said...

I say.... Sing if you feel like singing!!

Katharine Swan said...

Oh, what a missed opportunity. You shoulda yelled over to your neighbor, "GOOD HEAVENS, CAN YOU BELIEVE THE GUNK THEY GET ON THEIR JUNK?!"

Breathe said...

You need to invite him over to help.

LOL

Have a blast at the show!

Shirley said...

I'm with Mikey; invite them over to watch closely when you clean the sheath! Maybe even bring their camera too! LOL!
Have fun in Scottsdale; looking forward to the photos.
I took another look at the painting in the post below, and it is actually an elk. Love the sense of movement in it.

ms martyr said...

I love the education I get from reading horse owner's blogs. Sheath cleaning was never mentioned in the horsey books I read as a kid.

I have researched why wild horses don't need their hooves trimmed or teeth floated so I guess I'll look into wild stallions next. Inquiring minds want to know.

CheekyMare said...

Have fun at Scottsdale!

Reminds me of when I was scratching Bree in her favorite spot once and looked up to see a peanut gallery of tourists watching me from the restaurant...Bree's favourite spot is right in between her back legs, it looks like I've got my arm up her hootch to the elbow if I'm doing it right. >.<

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Now you've got me singing that song. lol!

Crazy neighbors.


~Lisa