Sunday, February 14, 2010

This Place is HUGE

I don't know what I was thinking. My chances of running into Paint Girl here at the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show are mighty slim. Even with walking around all day long today, I couldn't cruise by every single barn. There were barns for as far as I could see. I don't even know which one she works for, so Pony Girl, if you happen to read this, or if someone else knows, either send me an email or leave a comment (which I promise I will delete) telling me the barn name of where she works. I know it's confidential information. I'd just like to say hello.

Ironically, as soon as my daughter and I arrived at the show today, I saw my neighbor friend sitting just a few rows down from me. I haven't had the chance to speak to her in months even though she lives right across the street, and then I travel hundreds of miles, and there she is right in front of me. I didn't want to interrupt her, because she was watching her granddaughter compete, so I was waiting for the class to end before saying hello. Wouldn't you know it, she disappeared and I didn't see her the rest of the day.

On another note, if I don't lose at least five pounds on this trip, I'll be shocked. We've been doing a lot of walking and I'm running out of cash for meals, so I'm skipping some meals and just drinking lots of water instead. You do not want to eat the food being served at West World. They seriously jack up the prices since you feel trapped inside the park. I'm on my way out now in search of a supermarket where I can pick up something cheap. The hotel was nice enough to provide me with a refrigerator and a microwave, so I may as well make good use of them.

I've nicknamed the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show as "Golf Cart Hell". Everywhere you turn you find yourself jumping out of the way of golf carts and those "mule" carts. If you want to desensitize your horse, this is the place to be. The activity level is beyond hyper. In fact, I had some lady walk inside my bathroom stall before I even had a chance to get out of it. I had just flushed and unlocked the door, and she pushed right past me before I could even pick my backpack up off the floor. I guess she really had to go.

11 comments:

TCavanaugh said...

I hope with all that is going on, you get to have some fun. :)

The D-Meister said...

I still feel guilty for eating your sandwich half. Also, I actually know where some grocery stores are and could have helped you out with that one.

fernvalley01 said...

I hope you are able to connect with Paint girl, have fun , and don't get mowed down by a golf cart!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

D - I told you I wasn't hungry, and I really wasn't. It's not often that I'm not hungry, so I've got to take advantage of it. In fact, I really wasn't even hungry for dinner either. And you did tell me where the supermarkets are -- I just didn't think of it until I was out of town. It turns out the hotel stocks my favorite microwavable Philly Cheesesteak sandwich from Wal-Mart too! I haven't had one yet, but it's an option if I don't want to drive anywhere.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

It's pretty amazing, isn't it? I've been to the Nationals and Youth Nationals so many times that I don't even think twice about the golf carts. LOL! Yes, and they decorate them up like crazy too. And the barns, oops, I mean stalls are all decorated too: drapes, rugs, potted plants, couches, bar with booze...
I hope you are taking plenty of photos.
Do you have a schedule of events? There are classes happening in all the arenas at once. Enjoy yourselves!!

Andrea said...

Oh what fun!!!! I love huge breed shows!!! You are going to have a blast!!! And it would be so cool if you got to meet paint girl!!!! QH Congress is like that with the gulf carts!!! People even warm up their horses with them!! It's crazy, buts it's so cool seeing all the cleaned up horses!!! Take lots of pictures!!!!

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

I didn't know you were going to Scottsdale too. I was planning on coming down this weekend, but between everything getting crazy at the office and it being Valentine's Day, I felt rather bad about taking off. I wished I would have now.

How long are you going to be there?

I had kind of put the thought of going out of my mind, but I really would like to get away for a few days. I seriously need some sunshine and warm weather.;)

Did you get PG's cell number? I have it if you haven't gotten a hold of her yet. Let me know.

Leah Fry said...

Haha! I'm with you, taking advantage of those rare times when I'm actually not hungry. Not that it ever stopped me from eating if there's something I truly want! Good you have a fridge.

Have lots of fun and take a bunch of pictures.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

BEC - I'll be in town until Tuesday afternoon. So, just one more day.

JeniQ said...

Sounds like you are at least enjoying yourself and relaxing a bit, even if it is chaotic. Its not chaos you have to be some place to do something in.

Callie said...

Fun!!!!!!!!! I expect to see some pictures!