Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Whoa!

I like to visit Deanna Castro's Professional Horse Blog for tips. She posted a Clip of the Week on training your horse to stop, demonstrated by Larry Trocha. This is a good lesson to brush up on since spring will be coming soon and most of us will be dealing with high-energy horses. Be cautious and stay safe. You can't just jump on a horse that hasn't been ridden all winter and expect it to be as well behaved as it was when you left off last fall after three seasons of riding. Take a few days to refresh your horse's memory with lessons both in and out of the saddle in the round pen before hitting those wide open spaces.

6 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That is a very good reminder! Thanks!!!

photogchic said...

I love Deanna's blog...she has great tips and mantras. I better go check it out!

Leah Fry said...

Thanks for the tip.

Sorry to just be getting back to you about the tile. I chose it because it reminded me of pale saltillo, although it is ceramic. I LOVE it. As light as it is, it hides a multitude of sins. If you get it, choose a med gray grout. Too light and it will show the dirt.

If you don't have one, get a steamer (not a shampooer) to clean it. Mine is a DeLonghi, and uses only steam, no detergents. Easy peasy, and you can use it to clean anything -- steam toilets, stove, car engines, windows. Seriously, best appliance ever.

JeniQ said...

Great reminder NuzzMuzz! I have a couple of girls will benefit from this video =)

jane augenstein said...

I always do ground work with Gilly before every ride. Gets him to use the thinking side of his brain and gets all the bucks worked out before I get in the saddle. I don't like to hit the ground!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Good reminder!

~Lisa