Friday, April 16, 2010

A Very Scared Horse

This is the story of a very scared horse.

I moved the horse trailer so that the horses could eat the lush green grass that was growing underneath it. It took a while, but Bombay eventually found it...

Then Gabbrielle joined in on the feast...

But where was Lostine? She was standing in the corner furthest from the horse trailer...

I walked into the paddock to encourage her to come outside and eat some grass, but she just ran from me...

She ran and ran, and only stopped to poop out a sloppy wet mess. She was so nervous that I was going to load her into that trailer and haul her off somewhere that she couldn't control her bowels and wasn't willing to eat. It was rather sad.

I put a halter on her, led her to the grass, and released her. She stood around with a perturbed expression on her face for a bit...

...and then took off at a full on gallop back to the corner of the paddock furthest away from the trailer.

That is one scared horse.

You don't see me...

Nope. You definitely can't see me...

Maybe I can stick my head in the sand and no one will see me...

I sat down and took the pressure off her, and eventually she came out on her own...

I guess her stomach won the argument after all.

9 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Awwww, how sad that she is so afraid of it.

photogchic said...

Has she had a bad trailer experience or just so smart she is trying to do her best to avoid it?

fernvalley01 said...

Poor silly Lostine! Glad she got over it! I would hate for her to have missed that sweet green grass

Paint Girl said...

Oh goodness, that is one scared horse!! They are so funny! Glad she came out of her shell and enjoyed that green grass!

Laura said...

Poor girl! She was pretty worried!

Cheryl Ann said...

Aren't our horses silly?

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

She hasn't had any bad experiences in a trailer that I know of, but then again I'm her fifth owner. I think she just hates being separated from her herd, and perhaps worries that I'd be hauling her off to either the vet clinic or a different home. Once I get her out on the trails she tends to relax and enjoy it, but catching her and cleaning up the trailer after she's been in it is quite an ordeal.

Rising Rainbow said...

Sorry to hear Lostine has trailer issues. Don't you wish you knew what was going through her little brain.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow, not even the allure of lush grass or her fellow herd members would make her stick around. I guess you can lead a horse to grass, but you can't make them eat, eh?

Poor girl. She's one sensitive lady being worried about the moving of the trailer.


~Lisa