Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday Stills: Landscapes

It seems all I've been doing lately is taking landscape shots for my photography class, and the clouds have been out in every instance, even though these landscapes span a distance of 400 miles and two states (Nevada and California). Oh yeah, and it SNOWED again today. Are we sure this is the month of May? Mother may I have some sunshine, please?




Sorry, this next one isn't wide angle. It was a deep canyon formed by a lava flow, so I had to tilt the camera into portrait mode.


And a little telephoto magic to make the mountain look like a monster looming over the water tanks...

5 comments:

photographerpainterprintmaker said...

LOL Mother May I have some sunshine! We've got some today, but the sunny days are few and far between lately. Love your mountain photo's.

Regular Guy said...

Like that first shot. The water tanks look neat too. Nice job.

allhorsestuff said...

Very awesome!! Really like these.
I love that first shot too...and the ravine, vertical one, is nice(all are) those are just my favs.
What is the monument with writing on it in another language? That tweaked my interest-
KK

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

KK - The writing on the monument is Japanese. It is the cemetery at Manzanar Relocation Center from World War II.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh wow! Great pics! My son Jem would love to visit there and learn more about the Japanese cemetery. Fascinating stuff!


~Lisa