Thursday, August 12, 2010

New Jeans

My daughter and I went shopping a couple of weekends ago. Once the kids became teenagers, we quickly learned that they prefer either money or a shopping spree to pick out what they want for their birthdays. I like to shop with them to see what catches their eye. I had a few pair of jeans catch my eye in the process.

In one case, I found something called "Jeggings", which are leggings made out of a very thin jean material. At first I thought they were silly, but then it hit me that these were essentially riding breeches! Just a bunch of tight-fitting spandex. I got a pair of those and found that they were even more comfortable than my pajamas, so I slept in them.

I also got a pair of jeans that fit nicely and only after I wore them for the first time did I notice all the embroidery and glitter on them. I think the design on the leg is really cool.


This is the design on the front pocket...

And on the back pocket...

Forgive the blurriness. I took these picture while I was wearing the jeans, looking at the LCD in the bathroom mirror to make sure I had the embroidery in frame. I know it would have been easier to just take them off, lay them on the bed and take pictures, but I was too lazy to make the effort.

12 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

Those are really cute!

Mikey said...

Sweet!! I want some of those Jeggings too, I just got Mercy a pair for school, they look like jeans!! But they're leggings. Perfect for PE.
Now if I can only find a pair in my size, I'd be tickled pink.

Love your new pants too, those are fancy!!! A must have...

Sydney_bitless said...

I have jeans made out of a thin jean material too. I love them. Got them at a bluenotes store.

Katharine Swan said...

Your jeans are beautiful! I love those embroidered jeans. Can you take a picture of the jeggings as well? I am in the market for new riding jeans, since one of my favorite pairs ripped a big hole in the butt on Tuesday. :-\

Tammy said...

.....googlin' jeggings.... if they are cool enough for this crowd, they are cool enough for me! ;)

lytha said...

you slept in them!? i love it!

they are super pretty.

~lytha

Crystal said...

THose are really pretty, I keep looking for a pair of jean capris with embridery, but havent found any nice ones yet.

duffylou said...

I love the embroidery on your jeans. It's a plus if they're comfy too.

The only place I have seen the jean leggings is on the internet. Could you tell me what store you found them in please?

baystatebrumby said...

Those look pretty dazzling to me. The fact that they are a bit blurry make it look like you are movin' and shakin'!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

duffylou - I found them at Marshall's, which takes leftovers or irregular items from other stores, so I don't know how easy it would be for you to find them. I also find that Ross carries a lot of the same stuff as Marshall's.

Leah Fry said...

Very cute!

Hey, in response to your last post about dog-hunting at the shelter: we have 3 females that get along just fine. The 2 little ones squabble sometimes, but nothing serious. We tried a male once and he annoyed the 1 female we had at the time.

JennyB said...

I love the jeans!! From what I've seen on your blog they really suit you, sweet and sassy! lol Keep speakin your mind!