Thursday, September 16, 2010

Red Velvet Zoo

Yesterday was my birthday, but we were all too stuffed from eating at my favorite Mexican restaurant to be able to eat any cake, so we saved it for tonight. I've hoarded all the cake decorations from all the kids' birthday cakes through the years, so now when one of us has a birthday, we mix and match the old decorations for fun. I looked at the decorations my son chose for my cake and said, "Look! It's a horse with two humps and another horse with a really long neck."

My son said, "No, it's a camel and a gir... oh. You were joking."

13 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

Well Happy belated Birthday!

Reddunappy said...

Well Happy Birthday Nuzz Muzz!!
Sounds like it is a good one!!

Sydney_bitless said...

looking at the frosting on that cake makes me want to go into a sugar coma.

happy birthday.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Joking...or not! lol!


Happy Birthday to you! You live in a zoo, with camels and giraffes, and horses, and a wonderful family, too.

Here's to a special day!

~Lisa

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one and that you have a great year.

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Laura said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!1

Crystal said...

Too Funny. And Happy Birthday!!

Breathe said...

Around here you get a whole week to celebrate your birthday - so GO WILD! :)

Happy birthday, short neck giraffe rider...

Katharine Swan said...

Happy birthday!!! I love your cake and your tradition of reusing the figures from your kids' old cakes! What a great idea!

JanLou said...

Happy Birthday! The cake looks fabulous. Great decorations. Hope it tasted as good as it looked.

achieve1dream said...

LOL That is too funny. Wish I could have seen your son's face. :) Happy birthday!!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!