Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tarp Play

My old hay tarps were rotting and easily ripping in the wind, so I ordered a new tarp. Before throwing the old tarps in the garbage, I laid one down in the horses' paddock to encourage them to walk over it. Lostine immediately walked across it and then stood in her usual spot acting bored with it all. Gabbrielle side-stepped the tarp, only occasionally putting one front hoof on it to paw unless I trapped her and herded her across it. Bombay shook it, ripped it, dragged it around with his teeth.

Each time Bombay ripped off a piece, he waved it in the air like a flag. At one point I was herding Gabbrielle across the tarp and Bombay purposefully ripped a piece off long and loud right behind her in order to scare her. His ploy worked and she took off running. Eventually Bombay just started trying to eat it, so I had to pull it out of his mouth and take it away from him. Sigh.

I guess my horses aren't afraid of tarps anymore.




I remembered to take video coverage this time...



6 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Bombay is fearless!

fernvalley01 said...

Bombay is quite the ham!

Jeni said...

This is fun Mom!!!! He's so cute playing with that tarp!

achieve1dream said...

So cute!!!! I'm glad you took the video. I think he wore his neck out lol! Silly horse. I love watching them play with new things.

JanLou said...

Lovely. They looked like they were having fun.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

LOL! Bombay cracked me up! He is a horse that loves to play and be curious. Have you ever gotten him a large exercise ball to toss around and chase? I bet he would have a......ball! hah!

Apache will sometimes paw and shake the tarpoline mat that I have on the ground. She acts like she's trying to teach it a lesson..."Take that, you tarpoline mat!" lol!

~Lisa