Friday, October 22, 2010

Equine Photographer Supreme

One of the assignments from my photography course was to dig through magazines and tear out pages that contain examples of photography I admire. I tore plenty of pages out of Arabian Horse World magazine, not knowing who the photographers were for those photos.

However, tonight I stumbled upon a website of an equine photographer who specializes in Arabian horse images, and I found many of the photos I previously tore out of magazines as examples of photographs that impressed me. It turns out the photographer is SUZANNE STURGILL. Check out the galleries on her website.

7 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

that is some beautiful work!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Lovely!!

It reminds me why I love Arabians- their beauty!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Love it! Learn from one of the best.

~Lisa

Laura said...

wow - nice work! I wish I had a better eye for photography. I just love horse photos so much!

duffylou said...

I was enthralled with her photos. Absolutely gorgeous.

I've mentioned previously I'm not familiar with the Arab breed. Is it at every show and is it a breed standard to clip the face and oil the eyes and muzzle? I'm just curious and I appreciate your help.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

duffylou - It is pretty standard for groomers to clip the face and oil around the eyes and muzzle. Arabians are known for their kind eyes and lovely dish faces. That method of trimming and oiling brings out and emphasizes those traits. It's done before shows and photographs.

JanLou said...

Beautiful animals. I wish I could capture photos like these they are superb. I love the one of the horse and the zebra.