Thursday, October 7, 2010

Meet My New Husband

My son told my husband that Scrappy is replacing him. It is rather humorous that this dog automatically chose my husband's chair to sit in and his side of the bed to sleep on.

When I first brought Scrappy home, my husband was afraid to move him out of his chair, so he just found other places to sit. I think he thought that because Scrappy is so small and old, he's fragile, so I had to tell my husband to just pick the dog up and move him.

Over the years we've both taken over the house with our hobbies. I'm winning right now with my quilting supplies hogging up two rooms, my art table and writing desk in another room, and my horse tack in another room. I know we are both sensitive about our space, so I didn't want a dog kicking my husband out of what little space he has.

Yet somehow Scrappy is winning the struggle for what is left of my husband's personal space. I think I'll have to build an add-on for my human husband.

11 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

He is pretty small,I think there is still room for your hubby! Too cute

Breathe said...

That's hilarious! It's very generous of your two legged husband to welcome the little interloper.

My husband's domain is the garage. As long as he has that spot his status seems to remain high.

But if a dog has an accident in there... you'd think they'd have written swear words across the wall.

Paint Girl said...

That Scrappy is the cutest thing! Glad to see he is fitting in so well, but maybe your husband doesn't see it that way? Ha!

lytha said...

awwwww that little dog LOVES you! how wonderful it is to be a dog's chosen one!

Cheryl Ann said...

We brought home a cat several years ago and she's adopted my husband! She doesn't kick me out of the bed, she she sleeps on his pillow and snuggles right next to him!

Mikey said...

He's such an adorable dog though!!! I love him!!!

duffylou said...

It's great he is comfortable enough to get that cozy on the bed.

Anonymous said...

He's wasting no time settling in!

Reminds me of something my hubby said - "Tell your dog to let me in the bed!"

JennyB said...

Awww poor hubs! I have a lovely, big doghouse that the previous owners of our home left here. I was going to put it out at the road with a "free to good home" sign on it but I'd be happy to give it to your husband instead! lol

~~JennyB, Horsefeathers

Crystal said...

lol, hes so cute, and Im sure theres room for both of them in there.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwwwwwww! Those photos are so stinkin' cute!

Dobbie doesn't try to take over my hubby's space, because she is always trying to press herself tightly against me at all times.

If I sit down, she jumps in my lap. If I lay down in bed, she slides down under the covers and presses herself tightly against my leg and/or back. I don't know how she breathes under there, but she adores being underneath blankets. And I must admit I love having her so close to me, because she's so warm and soft and cuddly.

~Lisa