Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pictures Around the Ranch

I've been bad about taking recent pictures for this blog because I've been so busy. Here are a few I took today. Bombay learning to entertain himself in a separate pen away from the girls so he can heal without being chased around...

Note the neighbors' construction in the background. It's been going on for five years now. I think they are trying to make an add on to the barn. They get a bunch of young men out there every once in a while to do some work, but I think they spend more time sitting around drinking beer than working, because the project never gets completed.

The condition of Bombay's poultice diaper, duck tape, and elastikon boot just one day after the vet spent an hour creating it...

The mares being nosy...

Progress on my studio...

How about the height of that ceiling...

Anyone want to help me climb these ladders to finish painting?

I think I'd rather risk falling off a horse.

11 comments:

Mikey said...

I would have a hard time with that ceiling. My hat's off to you, lady! Looks good!

Breathe said...

Studio is looking good! When is the grand opening?

fernvalley01 said...

The Studio looks great so far, as to helping ... I think you are on your own sunshine ! If I were there you wouldn't get a thing done ,I would be too busy having a painic attack,I don't even like high heels!

achieve1dream said...

I hate painting ceilings because it gives me a crick in my neck and makes me lightheaded. Hope you finish it quickly and it doesn't need a bunch of coats lol. Glad it's not me hehe.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

No thank you! We have a two story ceiling in our living room and have to periodically clean the ceiling fan and wipe down the windows right below the ceiling, but even with a ladder we're not high enough. So we have to use a long pole which can unsettle your balance, so I leave all that cleaning up to the rest of my family.

The pictures of the horses are fun. What characters. Bummer that the diaper poultice is already on it's way to being shredded off.

Apache had her first foot soak (for thrush, can you believe it?! Mrs. Mom believes it's there, so I'm willing to try anything to help get my girl sound again) tonight and she did well, but she wasn't excited. I don't know how she'll do with a soaking bag attached to her foot, or a poultice. Butit looks like that's what is in store for her, too.

~Lisa

Leah Fry said...

I covet your studio. Sorry, you're on your own at that height.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I have high ceilings in my house that I've been meaning to paint for some time now. Your studio looks nice!

Crystal said...

Wow that ceiling really is high!

Jeni said...

wow ... I think I'd get me a paint sprayer thingie... not so many ups and downs I don't think ???

Love the curious mares ! Poor Bombay ~ Give him a jolly ball ?!?

Maia said...

You just keep amazing me with your talent. Everythint you do is perfection. Keep on keeping on.

Anonymous said...

Uh-huh, that's why we panelled ours. We bit the bullet for the scaffolding, put up beadboard, varnished, and done. Dust with a long pole. Of course, that wouldn't be light enough for a studio. I'm queasy just from looking at your pics of the ladder!