Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Say It Isn't So

I was just wondering whatever happened to one of my favorite horsemanship clinicians, GaWaNi Pony Boy.  I liked his style of presentation so much that I've requested that horse event organizers invite him to do a presentation.  Just now I went out to his website and saw this message:

Hello friend, I hope this finds you well.
I regret to inform you that due to a motorcycle accident/injury last year, I will no longer be doing clinics.
If this changes, I will surely let you know with a newsletter announcement and
an announcement on this page.
Sincerely,
G. PonyBoy

 Is this just belated news to me or did others know about it?

7 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

How unfortunate , at least he was kind enough to leave a message on his site ,to let people know ,rather than just fade to oblivion

Katharine Swan said...

I had no idea, and I was even signed up for the mailing list. I got a couple of updates and haven't gotten anything in quite a while. So sad -- I was hoping to be able to attend one of his clinics one day.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Awww, that's terrible news!

Mikey said...

Gosh, I had no idea either. I met him at Pomona Equine Affair one year, had him sign a book of his. He was good to watch. I too was signed up for his newsletter, but hadn't gotten anything lately.
How very sad for him.

Reddunappy said...

So he found a horse he couldnt tame!

Ya that wasnt funny, he he.

Your right I hadnt heard anything about him is a long while. Sad that he was hurt. I seen him at The Equine Affair in Albany Or. a few years ago.
Hope he gets better, I think he is pretty cool.

Ms Martyr said...

I am pretty new to the equine world so wasn't aware of him. Just ordered his two books on horses and women. They sound interesting.

achieve1dream said...

Poor guy. I hope he's okay. I don't like the sound of that message. It must be serious if he didn't leave details. :(