Friday, December 17, 2010

Just In Case You Haven't Got Enough...

...snow, here are some pics from this evening after it had been snowing all day.  I took this picture within a couple of seconds of stepping outside...

And I took this picture within about 20 seconds of stepping outside...

The horses are happy to see me, because they know it means they will soon have a clean stall and a fresh flake of hay.  I had a nice picture of Bombay with his ears forward, but within 30 seconds of me stepping outside, my nosy neighbors drove up the road, which explains the worried eye and the ears suddenly flicked back to listen to the squealing fan belt behind the barn...

I guess their satellite view of my house showed me coming outside to clean stalls, so they had to race home to watch.  Here's another picture ruined by the flick of an ear in the direction of a slamming car door...

So much for the magical peace and quiet of a snowy evening.  And here I had a really cute picture of Gabbrielle with her ears forward asking for a kiss, but before I could press the shutter release all the way down, they slammed their front door as they came outside to walk their dog...

So, I flipped up my flash and took some pictures in their general direction and they suddenly became camera shy and went back inside their house.  My camera is my friend.  The snow?  It has its charm, but only for a short while. 

8 comments:

Breathe said...

What a good idea - just takes tons of pictures of them as they stare at you! Turnabout is fair play! You don't even have to have a card in your camera! LOL

That's a lot of snow, Nuzz. You and Lisa could host a snowball fight!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Nuz Muz....armed and dangerous!

Shoot! Shoot! Flash! Flash! Press the trigger, NM!

Got 'em!

Enjoy that snow and those lovely horses. The first photo is my favorite. It almost looks like 3 horse heads mounted on a wall. lol!

~Lisa

fernvalley01 said...

Yeah the novelty of snow wears thin pretty fast around here too, a lot faster than the snow melts. Too bad the neighbors muffed up another photo shoot

Reddunappy said...

GAAHhhhh we are supposed to get snow Sat. am and Sun am, I am ready for winter to be over!

Crystal said...

haha that will teach them, lol. Maybe taking pics will work for a while to scare tehm away.

Leah Fry said...

I don't covet your snow, but I sure do like your little barn.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I love the photo of the three of them poking their heads out of their little windows! Cute!

achieve1dream said...

Agreed on the snow.

Way to go for scaring her off with your camera!!!