Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A New Sport

My daughter and I took the dogs for a jog yesterday.  At first the dogs were out in front of us pulling us along on their leashes, but being little dogs, they both tired out pretty quick.  At one point I had Midge on a leash, my fat Corgi who was panting in 38 degrees while my daughter had Scrappy on a leash, who was stopping to sniff and pee on every bush.  We decided to race to the 500-foot marker, the only rule being that we couldn't drag or carry our dogs.  In other words, we could only go as fast as our dogs could go.

Who do you think won?  Me with the fat, panting Corgi who kept chugging along straight ahead or my daughter with the littlest and oldest dog who stopped to sniff and pee at every bush?

Oh, and if you think we were fortunate to have weather that was good enough for us to go jogging, think again.  When we got home, I discovered mud all over in the backseat of my truck.  Not just muddy paw prints, but mud smears from muddy dog bellies.

7 comments:

Mikey said...

Lol, that's a hard one to call. Corgis are fast little darting dogs, but weiner types continually amaze me with how fast they can go. I'm going to guess Scrappy on this one.
Glad you're getting out there even though it's cold, and still race your daughter :) The image I get totally makes me smile :)

duffylou said...

My guess would be your daughter and Scrappy.

I do not envy the belly clean up as I can totally relate.

fernvalley01 said...

Mud and all ,still sounds like fun

Rising Rainbow said...

I'm betting on the panting dog. Those peeing types can take hours to squeak out enough pee to make it work for them. LOL

achieve1dream said...

I'm betting on Midge. Those boy dogs and having to pee on everything slows them down. :D

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Slow and Steady wins the race. My guess is you and Midge won. :D

~Lisa

achieve1dream said...

Hey, I didn't read or comment because I felt obligated. I LOVE your blog and when I start reading it I can't stop until I'm caught up. :) I'm actually really bad about putting off reading my favorite blogs because I want to enjoy them, not skim through them really quickly. And I just can't read a post without commenting. It kills me because I'll sit there thinking all the things I wanted to say in response. :D Merry Christmas!!!