Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Day in the Dog Park

The mud finally dried up, so the dogs were excited to get out for a walk and jog.

Scrappy's not terribly good at heeling.  He dragged me to every bush on the side of the trail.

Midge's downfall was barking back at all the junkyard dogs who barked at us. 

We had to stop to sniff every yard marker.  At one point I noticed that some man had parked next to my truck.  I had left my purse in it under a pillow with locked doors, but burglary has been on the rise since so many people are out of work and looking for opportunities to steal.  So, I zoomed in on him with my camera to see what he was doing standing next to my truck.  It turned out he was just a jogger doing his stretches.

At one point I had my hands full with two dogs on leashes in one hand and a bag of poop in the other hand.  I had a camera hanging around my neck, looked down and saw that my zipper was down and I was flashing the jogger.  I was trying to figure out where to dispose of the poop, so I could get my hands back to zip up my zipper, when my mobile phone, which was hanging from my belt loop, started ringing.  Aaaaaaaah!  Why does everything have to happen all at once?

Luckily, I found a trash can nearby, deposited the poop, pulled up my zipper, and ignored the phone.  I was concerned, because when I reached into my pocket to grab a baggie, I didn't feel my camera lens cover.  I dug in all my pockets and it was gone.  The jogger was on the outside trail, while we stuck to the inside trails, so we looped around again following the same track we did before in hopes of finding my camera lens cover.  So much for having some nice, stress-free exercise.  Fortunately, I found the cover by the 300 yard marker.  It fell out of my pocket early on, probably when I was tripping over Midge's leash.

Here's the view of the "park" looking east...

...and here's the view looking west...

8 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

well at least in all of that you didn't get an itchy nose!LOL
glad you got out and found your lens cover too

Cheryl Ann said...

What beautiful views! Ha! I can identify with the dangling camera! That's why I never get good photos of my horses...I've GOT to figure out how to handle a camera AND them!!!!

Mikey said...

There's something about the starkness of winter in your pictures that I just love.
Nice dog park too :)

Ms Martyr said...

You need more pockets with zippers. Have you ever thought of wearing a fanny pack so you wouldn't have to leave any valuables in your car? We have a lot of vehicle break-ins at scenic points here in Alaska.

June said...

Not a bad dog park! They don't have one within 60 miles of here, if you take your dog to any city park they'll fine you.

I can so relate with everything happening at once. It's irritating! But funny later on.

achieve1dream said...

What a relief you found your lens! I would have been panicking. I'm so happy you found it. And that the jogger wasn't trying to break into your car. I'm paranoid about that too because crime is definitely on the rise! It's awful.

Your park looks very nice. I bet the dogs had a lot of fun. :) Sometimes I wish I could just let everything go and live wholly in the moment like they do. It must be so nice.

Breathe said...

I highly recommend one of these:
http://tinyurl.com/4sjc665

Give the pups a hug!

Rising Rainbow said...

I seem to get myself into similiar situations. It's always when my hands are full that sixteen other things just have to be addressed. Why is that??

Glad you found your lens cover.