Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Dog Solves Puzzles


Yes, Midge is a miracle on four very short legs.  She does amazing things.  A while back I downloaded this free word game onto my Kindle that displays seven letters, and I have to come up with as many words as possible by mixing up the letters in different ways.  I'm addicted to it.

I had found all the words except for one when Midge jumped into my lap.  I said, "Midge, you have to help me solve this puzzle.  Can you think of a word that would come in between TRAIT and TRITE?"

Midge immediately cocked her head and then "pointed" at the closet where we keep the dog bones.  I said, "No, I'm not going to give you a treeee - TREAT!  That's it!  That's the word that comes between TRAIT and TRITE.  You're a genius, Midge!"

She really did help me solve it.  TREAT is one of the words in Midge's language.  We can say, "Do you want a treat?" and she will run for the dog bones.  TRAIT and TRITE sound very much like TREAT, so she was actually responding the way she would had I said the actual word.  I laughed so hard.  When I asked for help from my dog, I didn't really expect much beyond her keeping my lap warm.

9 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

WHat a star!

achieve1dream said...

That's awesome!!! Good girl Midge! :)

Linda said...

What a smart dog--can I borrow her? I LOVE that game. My husband and I are addicted to it. We played it as a team from Houston to here both legs of our flight and it felt like the flight was much shorter--we didn't want to be interrupted by landing. He's good at getting the long word so we can advance to the next level, but we could use Midge when we get in a bind. ;)

Dreaming said...

That is so funny - uncanny!
I have that game too and love it! But, my dog hasn't helped me - I'll have to ask him the next time I'm stuck.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Give that girl a cookie, cuz she sure is a smart one.

Train Wreck said...

Aw Cute and smart! Too bad they don't have Pet Star anymore:(

Rising Rainbow said...

So, did she get her treat or not?? After all she did earn it.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay for Midge! Animals always have the ability to amaze, confound, and surprise us :)

~Lisa

Janie said...

What a beautiful dog! She's gorgeous! And smart too, lol!