Monday, January 24, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Thanks to achieve1dream and Mrs. Martyr for passing this award on to me.  The rules are as follows:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award

2. Share 7 things about yourself

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Here are 7 things about myself:

1.  I write a lot of lists.  I can't function without them.  If I try to rely on my brain to remember something, I'll forget it sooner than I can take my next breath.

2.  I spent an entire day last week dusting everything in my office and it is already back to having the same level of dust as it had before I cleaned.  Dust is everywhere in Nevada.  You can't escape from it.  You can't keep up with it. 

3.  I like to melt sprinkle cheese over shredded chicken and mix in some diced tomatoes to make it zesty.

4.  When I blog, it is usually while I'm eating, because that's usually the only time I sit down during the day.

5.  If I could choose how to spend my time for the rest of my life, I would choose to write, take photographs, trail ride, and hike in the mountains.

6.  Even if I lived to be 100, it still wouldn't be enough time to finish all the projects I have started during the first half of my life.

7.  The best feeling in the world for me is completing a task or project.  I think the reason why it affects me so much is because I get interrupted so often by people and random events that steal me away from the task at hand that it is rare for me to actually be able to follow through on something from beginning to end.  I have a hard time committing to activities or attending events, because I know something will get in the way and I'll have to cancel.  So, I've spent a great deal of my life trying to get out of commitments, because I don't want to set myself up for the stress of having to fight off all the problems that get thrown my way that prevent me from being able to stick to my promise or initial plans.  There was a time when my life was simpler and I could actually make promises and follow through with no problem.

With that, here are the 15 bloggers I'm passing the award to:

1.  I forgot the first one.
2.  Dusty Breeches
3.  Three Cute Horses
4.  Arabian Asylum
5.  Too Much Poo
6.  Shovel Me Elmo
7.  Wait, all of those link back to my site.
8.  Get serious, NuzMuz.  These people want their awards.
9.  But don't you think it's more special if you give the award to just one blogger?
10.  Yes, I do.
11.  Who should that blogger be?
12.  Someone special.
13.  I agree.
14.  Why am I talking to myself?
15.  Cowgirl By Proxy

Oops.  I forgot to mention an 8th thing about myself.  I can't follow rules.

10 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

Congrats on the award. And intersting stuff about you . I never/rarely make lists (I should but...) And the dust around here is amazing too
Of to check out the winners!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Congrats! Thanks for the insight on you. I'm with ya on lists- can't live without them. And #6- yeah- I've got hundreds of unfinished projects going. Throw in traveling and #5 is for me too. #8 fits me too.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Congratulations on your award. Nice to get to know you better. I make lists but never look at them especially in the grocery store. I'm like you with too many projects and not enough time to finish them.

achieve1dream said...

I'm the same way about the lists!! I like number five. :) Very nice.

lytha said...

NM, you are too funny! i kept clicking on those blogs until i realized they are all yours: ) and then i revisited byproxy and enjoyed that for a while - thanks for the prompt, i hadn't read her in a while.

about lists, i have this To-Do list at all times, and recently my man found it and changed it. one of the items was "clean up/remove 7 piles of cut blackberry/stinging nettle plants" (these that i cut/dug up a few months ago but the snow has kept me from even finding them!) he changed it to 17 because my husband also has several piles of blackberry brambles that he's cut but not towed away. : )

getting things done, i'm with you, esp. since i have no job, i get my greatest satisfaction (it's a good day) when i get a few things done on that list. or maybe even one big one!

also, i ALWAYS eat while blogging cuz i cannot just eat and do nothing. i think that is a mistake, according to diet experts, don't they say you should never multitask while eating? hm....

Crystal said...

Congrats on the award!
I am very much a list person too. And I just dont dust, so much so when the mother in law comes over, she does.

baystatebrumby said...

I like that you don't follow rules. You are a creative rule breaker and those are the best kind.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Congrats on the award :)

Nice to know more about you. #2 and #5 could have been written by me.

~Lisa

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I forgot to mention that I'm so upset now that I didn't name my blog "Too Much Poo"
Well "Dusty Breeches" would fit really well right now, too.

I think you should have named your blog "Three Cute Horses" or "Arabian Asylum". How fitting. lol!

But maybe the best blog name of all for you would be:

"Somebody's Watching Me(and I've got no privacy!)"

(in reference to your creepo neighbors and all the weirdos that you seem to run into while out and about.

~Lisa

nikki said...

Even though you've already received this award, I nominated you as well. I alway enjoy reading your blog and seeing all of the great pictures you post (love the calendar by the way!) :)