Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday Stills: The Color Green

I had been looking around all week for something green and just wasn't seeing anything interesting. Then one night I was standing in the kitchen in the dark and realized there was green all around me.


Though this next one is blindingly bright, I made some adjustments to bring out the green in the background for the part of the digital display that wasn't lit up.


What do you think this next picture might be?  I'll give you a hint.  I'm still in the kitchen, and it's not grass.


It's a scrub brush.


This one is also a scrub brush, but with sponges rather than bristles on the end.


Life just wouldn't be the same without Lava soap.  It saves me from snarfing up paint thinner when it comes time to clean my paint brushes and hands.


Ever wonder how much salt is in your trail mix?


This is a block from a quilt I made years ago.


Oh, and it has a dog hair on it.  I can thank my macro lens for showing me how dirty my house really is.

To see more photos by participants in this Sunday Stills Challenge, click through these comments.

16 comments:

Ed said...

Cool shots,especially the brush..:-)

thecrazysheeplady said...

Nice macros - especially the brush.

Once Upon an Equine said...

Green in my favorite color. How fun that you found so much of it in your kitchen. Good choices for the subject.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Interesting choices. I like the design in the clock background.

aurora said...

Nice. The green M & M really stands out in the trail mix.

Linda said...

Those are great pics of green. And, I can't find the hair in your quilt picture! ....Ope, I think I found it--bottom portion? I had to look hard.

fernvalley01 said...

Great shots.The quilt is really pretty

flowerweaver said...

I like the scrub and the quilt is fantastic!

Ms Martyr said...

I couldn't find the dog hair either. Maybe I'm blind to it as I'm so good at ignoring it in my home.
Great pictures, I liked them all.

Regular Guy said...

Nice shots, the brush is a good green one. Nice variety.

achieve1dream said...

Hah it took me forever to see the dog hair lol! Thanks for the challenge. :) It's not hard here because we breath dog hair (darn husky). Great shots!

achieve1dream said...

LOL What a great idea to just photoshop something green . . . I will have to remember that for the next challenge lol. It was fun searching around for green stuff. :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great greens. I was thinking the one picture looked like spaghetti but it turned out to be a brush. Very good and I'm an idiot.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I liked the first brush shot..very cool and the quilt square..well done:)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

The scrub brush is a very interesting close-up. Great shots!

Yeah, macro can be very revealing. I've discovered from my own macro shots, that I don't do a very good job at dusting. lol!

~Lisa

Brenda said...

lots of great ideas!