Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Stills: The Letter W

I want to make a concerted effort to participate in more Sunday Stills Challenges this year. I need to practice photography and post processing as much as possible, so that changing the settings on my camera and knowing how to manipulate the software becomes second nature. For the Letter W Challenge, I wanted to look for things that represent the general shape of a W.

That includes most of the trees in my yard, which are bare thanks to winter.




Waskily wabbit prints in the white snow.

What could this sign say?

It's a warning sign to those waskily wabbits.

A waterfall frozen to my horse trailer.

Waiting for winter to end, so that he can be washed.

12 comments:

achieve1dream said...

And he's white to boot! LOL Sorry I had to finish it once it popped into my head. He's so cute in that picture. I like the frozen waterfall off of your trailer. And all the Ws you found in the trees are awesome. I never would have thought of that. :)

Mikey said...

Oh my. Your horse is dirty!! lol no worries so are mine.
Couldn't believe your comment that your kids have already been in a school lockdown situation. I can't imagine how you as a parent would feel during that time. How forked up is this world now?! I just can't believe it. I can't believe that you have to watch out in the grocery store, because someone may try to seriously take your life right there. School is supposed to be safe, but I'm finding out, nowhere is safe.

Brenda said...

great shots. That is one huge rabbit and the dogs better get busy chasing them! lol

Oregon Equestrian said...

Your photos made me smile.

Ed said...

Very nice shots..:-)

Tammy said...

Love your tree shots & the boldness of the sign. You did good!

duffylou said...

I have a white horse that loves to roll and live in Ohio. And, he doesn't wear a blanket. Believe me, I too know that itchy feeling of Wanting to Wash your horse.

Rising Rainbow said...

On my, I have horses that look like that too. Can't wait for spring and warmer weather so we can wash some of that stuff off. LOL

JanLou said...

Great photos. Sam is pretty muddy most of the time at the moment and I don't think his rug will last another winter either lol.

gtyyup said...

LOL...great post for the W challenge! And yes...waiting for winter to end...mine are probably just as dirty, but it doesn't show so bad since they aren't gray!

Regular Guy said...

Nice job on the shapes. Like your ideas on W.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great bunch of W's..I enjoyed them:)